New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Hello from RT 66

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Default Hello from RT 66

Greetings everyone. I'm here in Kingman AZ, right off RT66. I have a 1991 SL1. I bought it new. It's the best car I've ever had. It has 220 K miles. I had to replace the ECM last year. At least that's what the mechanic told me. It ran fine for a while but is now doing the same thing it did before I replaced the ECM. It has been running real bad when it's cold. You have to pump the gas pedal to keep it running. It also bucks when you drive it. It seems to get a little better after it warms up, but still bucks. After it gets beter sometimes it will idle about 2k. The idle will go down slowly to where it's supposed to be if you keep your foot on the brake while it's in drive. I've been reading posts here and Ithink I'm going to try the engine temp sensor first. Thanks for any other ideas that you can give me.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:26 PM

Hello and welcome .....

Call the nearest GM dealer and buy the ETCS and CONNECTOR from them. Do not get it from CheckerNapaZone.

Replace the connector and the ETCS that goes to the ECM not the temp gauge.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

that would be the two wire device
(welcome)

Old 11-24-2010, 07:07 PM

Hello and welcome from I-10