New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 09:15 PM
Default Hello

Hello, my names Sean. I just recently purchased a 1996 Saturn SC2. Currently in the process of replacing the front end cradle and just installed new polk speakers in the front & rear. I'm sure I'll find great resources here and a few suggestions on things to do to get my car up and running better.

Thanks.

Last edited by sperkins; 06-30-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:27 PM

Hello and welcome

Old 06-30-2013, 09:36 PM
Banned

Indeed, welcome to the Forum... (whisht I had that much room to work in)

Old 07-01-2013, 07:45 AM

Welcome to the forum. What's the reason for the cradle replacement, if you don't mind me asking? And I'm like Mike, I'd love to have a place like that to work in. I'm getting too old and stiff to keep doing my repairs in a gravel driveway.

Old 07-01-2013, 06:21 PM

Welcome to the Saturn Forum.

Please go to the user cp and add your first name, location and car info to your signature.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rubehayseed
Welcome to the forum. What's the reason for the cradle replacement, if you don't mind me asking? And I'm like Mike, I'd love to have a place like that to work in. I'm getting too old and stiff to keep doing my repairs in a gravel driveway.
The driver side was rusting pretty bad when I bought it (didn't see it until after, with my luck). All the rust was on the top and it eventually cut the CV boot surrounding the axle. The other day as I was leaving my drive way it finally completely pulled away and I had to toe it up my drive way to get it into the shop.

I'm pretty fortunate in my work area, that's a very small section of the whole shop. It would of been awesome to have had a lift to help out with this repair though!