New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

1995-sc2-coupe Before and after. Yes or No.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 01:46 PM
Default 1995-sc2-coupe Before and after. Yes or No.

Please don't see this as a dis, I'm just asking for opinions on a possible change I'm considering making to the sc2 lines. Thank!

Attached Thumbnails 1995-sc2-coupe Before and after.  Yes or No.-before.jpg   1995-sc2-coupe Before and after.  Yes or No.-after.jpg  
Old 12-19-2010, 01:58 PM

Please don't see this as a dis, but what ever floats your boat.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Banned

Your car, as sw2cam says -- but IMHO, it looks like you have built yourself a "blind spot". I'm not sitting in the car, just my observation .....

Old 12-21-2010, 06:49 PM

OceanArcher - I see what you mean. I might need to add a body colored see-through-mesh to create the same effect. Personally, I tilt my side mirrors out to eliminate blind spots. It's working when a rear vehicle leaves site in the rear windshield and comes into sight in the side mirrors.

Thanks! Ron

Old 12-22-2010, 06:04 AM

I actually like the good visibility out of our 97 SC2 but then I'm just an old coot now. I drive truck for a living and spend every day on the road, I appreciate being able to see well over style but I know that's kinda boring. Have fun with it.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:17 AM
Banned

Recumbent --

I like the idea of using the see-through mesh to eliminate the possible blind spot ... it's an idea that I'd not thought of when first looking at your pictures. I'm not sure where one would obtain material like that, but I suspect the other customizers here on the Forum could help with that info. Party on .......

Old 12-30-2010, 10:24 AM

Style is highly controversial, that is what makes style. Rather than Generic politically correct which is equally unsatisfactory to all. To me it looks at first glance like a Dodge coupe I didn't llike, but not my car and I have one you would not like either I am sure. go for it.

Old 12-31-2010, 07:29 AM

Uncljohn,
Thanks for your comments. You are correct. There is a risk of being too balanced. I considered restyling an Aztek, but I now see that car as hopeless. But people did buy the car. When I look at the pictures I posted it reminds me of the Reatta. While I liked the car, I don't believe it was a big seller. In my redesign I wanted to blunt the sloping of the front end and try to make the side view less edgy.

Old 01-01-2011, 10:55 AM

As Aztek, which I am thinking of the right car is a generic Toyota badged as a Pontiac and a Buick, although I may be wrong on the Toyota part. But it is an example of style for sure, style as defined anyway.
Something I personally would call Butt Ugly and would not pay good money for. Apparently a lot of others thought the same thing but that is neither here nor there.
But that is the whole point about style. The reaction to it is individualistic but what some people refer to as good style is timeless and a work of art and in the automotive world that seems to be the trend for highly collectable vehicals.
One of the reasons I never bought another Saturn was the coupe with an Extra door.
Three doors not make a coupe, but does ugly a car up a bunch.
However I believe it was a young lady who became a member has a customised one in Green she published pictures on some where here.
Dang, that is one pretty car.
But about the only 3 door Saturn I have seen I can say that about.
Could not find the pictures, but in a forum Thread I believe.