New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

07 saturn Vue 3.5 HELP

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 08:44 AM
Default 07 saturn Vue 3.5 HELP

I have an 07 Vue 3.5 base model. About a month ago the abs light and TC light came on. I checked the sensors and reluctors and cleaned them but the lights are still on. Not long after, the coolant light popped on, but my levels are fine. Then yesterday the !brake light started flickering on and off and now it just stays on. I checked the brake fluid and it's barely under the max fill. Any ideas on what's causing these lights to be on?

Old 11-21-2018, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

Any check engine codes stored? You will need more than a basic code reader to access ABS codes and body (B) codes. ABS and TC are linked in how they operate. Can you drive somewhere where you can speed up and plow the brake pedal? Based on what does or doesn't happen, you'll find out whether that light does indicate your ABS is disabled.

Flickering brake light may be a dirty external connection to the level sensor or the level sensor in the reservoir may have failed. Or broken wiring.

As far as coolant goes, I see this at the onset of every winter with my 95 and 97 SC2s since they turned 18 yrs old. I changed out a reservoir on one only to find out that the level sensor (pressure switch) was not the issue. I also did a drain and refill to ensure a 50/50 mix. No dice.

For me on the S cars the coolant light flashes after the car has been running for 2 minutes from a cold start in cold weather. After 5 min driving it goes off and stays off. I postulate that the change in outside temp makes the coolant in the reservoir contact slightly. This reduces the downward pressure as compared to a completely full reservoir. The pressure sensor on the S car reservoirs is extremely sensitive. If I fill it exactly to the full line at the beginning of winter.

There is another possible cause but try these things first

Last edited by derf; 11-21-2018 at 09:54 PM.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:15 AM

I had an 07 Chevy Equinox that had the same lights come on. I drove it over 500 miles to get home with the lights on and stopped a local Autozone to have the codes scanned and it came up a an EGR code. WTF? I tried cleaning the EGR and the lights stayed on. I replaced the EGR valve and that took care if mine. IDK if that's your issue and NOBODY could explain how the hell the EGR caused the Trac and ABS lights to come on. I got rid of that piece of crap. It had multiple electrical issues and I hate doing electrical work.

Old 11-25-2018, 09:09 AM

All i have is a basic code scanner so I'm going to take it somewhere to get the codes read.

And I checked the abs when the light first came on. I still have abs. Nothing locked up and i still had control when slamming on the brakes.

Also, I don't think the weather is what's causing the coolant light because when this started our daytime highs were still in the 100s. Now in the mornings it's in the 40s and the light is still on.

Old 11-25-2018, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Hmmmmm,. I suppose the level switch in the reservoir may have failed or the connector for wiring may be corroded.

If the ABS light is on but you still have ABS, all of this MAY point to a failing body control module (BCM). But let's see what if any codes come back.

Old 12-10-2018, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Msmith6589
I have an 07 Vue 3.5 base model. About a month ago the abs light and TC light came on. I checked the sensors and reluctors and cleaned them but the lights are still on. Not long after, the coolant light popped on, but my levels are fine. Then yesterday the !brake light started flickering on and off and now it just stays on. I checked the brake fluid and it's barely under the max fill. Any ideas on what's causing these lights to be on?

I have the same thing on my 3.5L 07' and it turned out to be a wheel bearing, somehow it effects other lights.

Old 12-11-2018, 12:13 AM
Super Moderator

If you have a bad wheel speed sensor wiring the brake failure, abs, traction control and the check engine light willl come on.