General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Strange power loss need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 12:03 AM

the car is running verry unstable, idle bounceing and no acceleration feels like its dieing when i try to accelerate but when i get to almost 3000 rpms it feel like the power is at full but the engin still isnt stable keeps bounceing, so bad the whole car jerks.

this problem started simple, i washed the car and watter got in the spark plug wellsi alredy figgured that was the problem, plus i checked this forum and a guy had a simlar problem after geting antifreeze spilt on the engin. but now i have cleaned out the all the watter it dried out over night and the problem presist. now im looking at maby the ects sensor or egr, possibly the distrubitors but what is the odds that all this starts right after i wash the car and get watter in the spark plug wells.

Old 06-25-2008, 07:15 AM

how did you get water into the spark plugs holes from washing the car? What did you water the engine?

Did you replace the spark plugs after the water? I would start with the plugs and wires.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:04 PM

alright i rebooted the computer last night and now this morning it started fine i took it around the block and it starts getting worse as i continue driving. still not as bad as it was yesterday. since reboting had any effect that leads me to beleave its not the plugs or egr, or at least not entirely. thats taking me back to the ECTS sensor, on a 95 sl2 there are 2 sensors i think so i guess ill start there. if anyone knows any thing else that may cause bad chuging id love to know.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:34 PM

well you were right one of the spark plug wires was so badily coroded that there is no way it was working that accounts for the way it was running after the computer was reboted i also replaced my ects sensor and cleaned out the erg valve and so far it looks like the problem is fixed.

I COULDNT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT THE INFO I FOUND ON THIS FOURM. THANKS ALL YA''LL, ILL TRY TO STAY ACTIVE MY KNOLAGE IS LIMITED BUT I AM PRETY GOOD WITH PROBLEM SOLVEING.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:39 PM

Well Thats awesome you figured it out . I had the same problem happen. Turned out it was the spark plug wire as well.[img]smileys/smiley10.gif[/img]