General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

removing door panels

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 02:53 PM

Can someone tell me how to remove the door panels without breaking anything that would prevent me from putting it back? I'm trying to repair the power windows.

Old 12-14-2006, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by carolb4
Can someone tell me how to remove the door panels without breaking anything that would prevent me from putting it back? I'm trying to repair the power windows.
You should be able to unscrew the screws two in the door handle and a few others and then remove the plastic plugs all the way around that hold the door panel in place. You can pick up a package of 8 or 10 (I don't recall the exact amount) new plugs at Advanced Auto for a couple bucks I found them over by the odds and ends parts of the store - HELP is what mine said on the package and boy did they.... I just unscrewed all the screws that I could find and pulled the plugs out by holding onto that place of the panel and tugging straight out one by one.... did what I had to do behind the panel and replaced the plugs with the ones I bought. Screwed in all the screws and it was all good to go. Make sure you don't pull to hard or else you may bend the panel and that looks terrible when you get it all back together. The plugs (usually white in color) kinda twist in the back of the panel and then you just push them in the hole they came out of and they stay tight and snug.

Hope this long and drug out advice of mine helps [img]smileys/smiley14.gif[/img]
Edited by: Forgiven

Old 12-31-2006, 09:03 AM

[img]smileys/smiley14.gif[/img]

Your reply was helpful but I was unable to find the Odds and Ends section of the store on the website. Please advise.