General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Parts shipping costs Rant

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator
Default Parts shipping costs Rant

As he heads up to other folks, I have used Tascaparts for both Ford and GM parts. Their shipping charges are a fraction of everyone else's.

But hat may not be true for everyone. I think they are in Illinois which is much closer to the East coast than Oregon.

I will pay a bit more these days to not give my money to Amazon to further extinguish choices I will not have later with regards to vendors or price.

My first check is always RockAuto. Any organization that can keep that much information organized and track their inventory correctly gets my nod and my credit card number. They consistently stock only quality parts or at least 90%, and the only thing they have ever been wrong about in the 15 years I have modded this forum is the spark plug gap on the plugs for my 2014 Ford Escape.

But their shipping is getting out of hand whenever you buy items from multiple warehouses if they even are warehouses. I'm under the impression that they operate as a dropship organization and just mail rolls of RockAuto tape to their suppliers.

And I have come to learn that Amazon can either completely undercut or gouge on the price of a part depending on who the supply and vendor is. It seems completely inconsistent with regards to part type.

As for eBay, there are quite a few bastards out there as well. Sometimes eBay prices are actually higher than those of the GM and Ford parts sites which I find comical. If I remember correctly, eBay started as a way to exchange things you didn't really want anymore for cash while giving whatever it is you didn't want to someone who wants it. Now it's just an underregulated Amazon wannabe we're all the sellers have a 99.6% rating because no one that buys who is also a seller will ever leave neutral or negative feedback for fear of appraisal. So you used to be able to tell if the seller is reputable but not So much anymore. I tend to stay away from eBay unless it becomes the only option.

Yeah so I guess this rant is over.