General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

ok new problem now

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 10:18 AM
Default ok new problem now

I had to take apart my car to have the input shaft seal/bearing replaced. Now I have it back together and go to start it and the clutch pedal is very stiff and only will let me press it maybe about halfway down no where near enough to start it like it use to be. I felt it was extremely harder than what I remember. So I got frustrated and forced it to the floor like it should be and was able to start it. When I got it started it ran great like it did before but there was a loud screeching going on continuously till I shut it off after about ten seconds. Then there was a little stream of smoke that was coming up from around the clutch/bell housing area.
Now one thing I noticed earlier when I was put the engine and trans back together was that the fly wheel didn't seem to sit back in the bell housing all the way but couldn't remember. It lines up almost with the bell housing edge but lips out about 3/8" of an inch with that little cover off the bottom of the trans. So I'm asking for any advice of which direction to go because I don't mind doing this myself. I don't have the money to put in this car to have some shop do it for me. If nothing else I would be willing to talk to someone over the phone who knows what they are doing to help me out too. I am off tomorrow so I will be tearing into it tomorrow again just want to figure out what direction I need to go.

Thanks in advance Allen

Old 01-22-2012, 10:55 AM

Take it apart and see what you messed up .... throw out bearing assembly maybe