General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

drl 2005 vue

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 01:47 PM
Banned
Default drl 2005 vue

Can anyone help me to disable the drl on a 2005 Vue v6? I have pulled the relay and taken pin #85 out of the circuit but that didn't work.
Thanks and Aloha

Old 11-16-2014, 01:12 AM
Super Moderator

Oh how I detest these questions regarding how to disable safety features unless it is for a damn good non obvious reason. What's the reason?

Obviously you've done some research; might be able to push it over the finish line with a little teamwork.

Do you have access to full schematics of the front lighting circuit(s)?

Old 11-18-2014, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

I expressly waive all responsibility and liability for any outcome, damages etc resulting from pointing you to this information. Use at your own risk

http://workshop-manuals.com/saturn/v...29/page_12271/

yes I know it is for a 4 cyl but I doubt they are different. It seems to have its own module/connector that you can unplug.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:21 PM
Banned
Thumbs up Take it easy on the new guy.......

First off, being the new guy and all, I would not put anyone at risk by asking for something that could come back to you. I live in Hawaii - we are a foreign country that happens to be a state. Although the car came equipped with drl, it's working condition is not a determinate to passing a safety check in the 50th.
As for the gentleman that wants to know my purpose, sure. When we chase pigs off the golf course, occasionally and particularly this time of year, we like to sneak up on them as best we can and keep one for the imu. They don't seem to mind the sound of a smooth running SUV near as much as light from one.
Anyway, thanks for the responses. I went through the schematic and found a fix that works so far and barring any fires this week, I'll be happy to share it.
80 and Sunny!

Old 11-19-2014, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

Hey,

Glad you found a fix.

Not trying to be hard on you but I tend to pound on people that wanna kill their DRLs b/c it'll look "cooler" without them. That's why I asked the reason for doing so -- I didn't bash you -- and I'm not going to. Pigs on a golf course ain't too common in the Pittsburgh suburbs. Wild turkeys in the road, a red fox here and there....deer.....no pigs. Are they grazing in the rough?

It's the kids that "want the DRLs on while it's dark and my brights are on but the left one should go out if i turn right but during the day they should be off because they look stupid" that MUST have something different on their daily driver b/c they are one upping their friends who all drive ricers that drive me nuts.

All at the potential expense of their own safety.

Any repair resulting in possible fire is most concerning indeed (just kidding)

Do you know if the fix I referenced will also work? Just in case another pig chaser should join the forum.......

And the guy asking the reason is Derf--a sarcastic m f with a pleasant streak for helping others.

Stick around -- we regularly bash each other as appropriate/inappropriate

I don't know that we've ever had a Hawaiian saturn owner on the forum before.
Did saturn have any distributorships over there or did you have to have it shipped in?