General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

2007 Vue throttle relay issues?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 04:59 PM
Post 2007 Vue throttle relay issues?

I'm not really sure what the deal is; I can only attribute it to some sort of relay switch or "something".

Here's my story:

2007 Vue 43k miles. 4cyl. 5spd.

The car runs fine, except for this little and hard to catch issue. Say I'm in 4th gear, and i'm driving on a flat road or maybe a slight hill. Something where I would ease up on the gas while the car is in gear. Its as if the throttle disengages at some point and when I need gas I have a dead pedal.

I can resolve it quickly by stepping on the clutch and that gets the throttle to re-engage. I cannot easily reproduce it unless I'm in this "ready to coast" type of driving.

I know its not a gear issue as it happens under multiple gears and I have no other symptoms or performance issues with the transmission.

Clearly this is drive by wire; given I have to do this motion with the throttle to reset the oil change light...

SO i'm thinking it has to be some sort of relay switch or something software related to address the "fly by wire" component of this vehicle.

my question: Does this sound right? Basically I want to be as educated as possible when I go to the dealership to address this. and has anyone had this similiar issue?

any help is appreciated

thanks!
Michael
aka denverboardguy