General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

2003 vue coolant

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 03:12 PM

Any boday can tell where the coolant release valve is located for 2003 2.2L VUE.

My VUE''03 always has temperature 1/4 scale below the middle. Is it normal? I want to flush the coolant and see is there any effect.

Old 06-25-2008, 07:19 AM

That is perfectly normal. Thats what my car runs at all the time as well and i just had a new water pump and coolant flush done. I wouldnt bother with the coolant flush as long as the coolant looks clean.

But what release valve are you talking about...the drain plug, or the air release valve for bleeding the system? On most cars they are both located on the radiator (drain being on the bottom and release being on the top) but im not too familiar with saturns to say for sure

Old 06-30-2008, 08:47 AM

Thank you very much for the reply. I have another question. I want to add DEX-CVT additive to transmission oil for my 03'' VUE according to maintainence schedule, but I couldn''t find from where I can do it.

Some body say it can be done from transimission oil breather cap. Where is it?

Originally Posted by TheEngineer
That is perfectly normal. Thats what my car runs at all the time as well and i just had a new water pump and coolant flush done. I wouldnt bother with the coolant flush as long as the coolant looks clean.

But what release valve are you talking about...the drain plug, or the air release valve for bleeding the system? On most cars they are both located on the radiator (drain being on the bottom and release being on the top) but im not too familiar with saturns to say for sure