Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here...

New Foglights

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 10:07 PM
Default New Foglights

I recently purchased some new bulbs for my foglights and i thought i share and do a review. They are Nokya 2500k Hyper Yellow bulbs that i purchased online. They are pretty bright compared to the stock bulbs, however the Hyper Yellow's arent as yellow as i thought they were gonna be. From the outside looking at the front you can see they yellow, but from behind the wheel its kinda hard to notice unless you are on a dark street. I do like them though, no doubt about that, but i think i wanna go with something brighter between a 5000k-6000k next time like a crystal white, artic blue or artic purple. I give them a solid 7.5 out of 10. If you want yellow though i would recommend getting 3000k instead of 2500k. Tell me what you guys think

Attached Thumbnails New Foglights-nokya-hyper-yellow.jpg   New Foglights-new-vs-old.jpg   New Foglights-stock-bulbs.jpg   New Foglights-upgraded.jpg   New Foglights-upgrade2.jpg  

Old 11-22-2012, 07:26 AM
Banned

They look kinda slick, no doubt about that - but I'd wait untill you tried them out under actual foggy conditions before making another change.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:52 PM

That was a nice write up. thanks

Old 11-23-2012, 02:26 PM

Yeah unfotunately it doesnt get real foggy around this time of year. I have to wait till about Jan-Feb before it would pick up. They say yellow or orange/amber are the best colors to cut through fog. I normally drive with the foglights at night instead with my day running lights on... unless of course its really dark, but the streets around here are pretty well lit so there really isnt a need for the lowbeams to be on. But im glad you guys liked the review i did... thought it might help out future buyers

Old 11-24-2012, 09:23 AM

Driving with Daytime running lights is not a really good recommendation when out in the puckerbrush at warp 10. They don't really illuminate far enough in advance to be able to see what you need to stop before you hit it.
But then again, in most cities these days with street lighting the way it is the only reason any lights are on for the most part are to keep from getting ticket.

But yellow fog lights work better in the fog and snow storms for sure as do driving lights (another form of high intensity lights) mounted low on the car work also in snow. Not sure fog is any better.
But fog all by itself is scary. Probably the only reason I am still alive today after all the fog driving I did over the years is not because I saw something in time to get stopped but when I got to it, it was gone so I missed it. And that was a direct result of pure luck!
And it was a nice write up!

Old 11-24-2012, 09:25 AM
Banned

?? "Puckerbrush" ?? ... Darn it boy, you and my daddy musta gone to the same school

Old 11-24-2012, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by OceanArcher
?? "Puckerbrush" ?? ... Darn it boy, you and my daddy musta gone to the same school
Hahahaha^^^.... Well like i said before, the streets around these parts are well lit with street lights to the point where you could (not recommending it) drive with no lights on and still see 1-2miles up the road or the next stop light. However if it is too dark to see, then yes i will turn on the lowbeam. But since my day running lights are connected to the highbeam it aims the light straight ahead, but it isnt on the highest setting where it would blind on coming drivers. Ill probably take a pic of what it looks like tonight

Old 11-27-2012, 08:00 PM

I did that to my fogs once, the heat melted the pigtails, housing, and sockets. Will say they were 37.5 watts bulbs.

Last edited by sw2cam; 12-05-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by sw2cam
I did that to my fogs once, the heat melted the pigtails, housing, and sockets. Will say they were 37.5 watts bulbs.
The manufacture does make a converter wire that you can plug into your lights instead of running the bulb on the stock wires. They recommended it if you were running anything hotter that 3000k. It was an extra $20 or something like that. You just have to find a way of tucking them somewhere so they wont be dangling in the wind

Last edited by sw2cam; 12-05-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by SilverCoupe#SC2
The manufacture does make a converter wire that you can plug into your lights instead of running the bulb on the stock wires. They recommended it if you were running anything hotter that 3000k. It was an extra $20 or something like that. You just have to find a way of tucking them somewhere so they wont be dangling in the wind
Same thing on both of my 2001 SL2's
Doesn't help in the melt down of the foglamps assembly.....they were dripping right off the bolts hilding them in.

Quick Reply: New Foglights