Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

My computer is still out getting repaired

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 10:55 AM

Got the tablet and I think I'm going to like it. Had to get a stylus and a mini-usb to regular usb cable. Long fingernails and small touch screens can be a challenge, so stylus it is! Now to just figure out what apps to put on it and then start to play. Wonder if DH is gonna try to poach it once it's set up LOL

Old 12-13-2014, 11:51 PM

Bought my Grandson a 7" RCA for Christmas. He better like it....lol.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:12 AM

If he doesn't, just send it to me, Rj. I PROMISE I'll like it! LOL

Old 12-17-2014, 01:18 AM

So far so good on the tablet! My brother used it quite a bit on Sunday to keep up with his fantasy league stuff. I downloaded a couple solitaire game apps that have worked well, and got an ereader app on it today. Haven't had a chance to test that one out yet, I need to load a few books on to see how well it works. Still new to all this stuff, you know how us old rednecks are LOL

Rj, did you get yours while it was still on sale? They were $59.99 from Wallyworld dot com when I ordered mine.

Old 12-17-2014, 01:18 AM

I have not got the computer back but have access to something to let me get out. Dang, I feel like I have been locked up in a closed room! I need to contact Mike and find out what is the latest status. On the home front the world is O.K., my partner here, Valerie who frankly is rather ill with COPD ( a disease I am finding out makes Cancer look good!} just got back from here pulmanary doctor and while her lungs have decreased to something around 20% capacity have stablized for the moment. The decrease in function has allowed her to be submitted to the Lung Transplant list and now the long testing period for qualifications will be started as soon as the proper hospital contacts us.
This is scary at best, but is the first time good news has been present since the diagnosis in Februrary.
So Hi to all and I'll drop in when I can. To be honest, I miss it. That makes a whole lot of sense doesn't it.
On the Saturn front, I started trying to straighten out my garage and locate all the parts I have picked up in the last year to install on my Saturn and get them located so I know where they are. And I found them all, carefully stashed where I would be able find them. Please note the sarcasm.
Now they are on a shelf that is visible and labled as to what they are.
I notest today driving around, they certainly must have sold a lot of Saturns in the Phoenix area. They are always visible driving around.
I have always like Valeries Saturn and I find keeping it mechancially sound and ready to go something that is easy but I need to drive it more often. The electrical contacts of things that work off of steering wheel controls need to be worked some more. The windshield wipers quit working and I am sure the contacts are just dirty that the switches work.
Have a good day!

Last edited by uncljohn; 12-17-2014 at 01:27 AM.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome back (sorta).

Please PM me the details of what happened to your PC and how he's trying to remedy the situation -- as I stated in earlier posts in this thread, you may consider asking him about a RAID 1 or VMware based solution.

I might just have a solution for you....ya never know

used to do IT ish stuff back in the day

Valerie is in my thoughts

Old 12-17-2014, 11:49 AM

Good thoughts for Valerie, so hard when a loved one is sick - not something you can fix, only be there to support them.

Hopefully your computer will be fixed soon, I know I'd be really messed up without mine!

Old 12-17-2014, 05:10 PM

Prayers on the way for Valerie, Unc. I'm sure things will work out for her and for you too! Merry Christmas.