Wind noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 03:06 PM

I've got a '07 Vue 4 cynlider type. I can hear the wind noise quite loud, especially on the windy days. It's a lot louder than my dad's '96 Lumina and my sister's '97 Cavalier. Does it happen on your VUE? Is it a common thing on SUV, or you think it has bad insulation, thin front glass? Couple of my friends told me that, generally, SUV has louder wind noise than sedans due to its height (of course, luxury brands are different - you get for what you pay). I here to ask just for the VUE. Any opinions or advises? Thanks.Edited by: sw2cam

Old 01-19-2008, 06:20 PM

Not the quietest vehicle in the world. The polymer panels are not as quiet as steel. Glass isnt very thick for lower weight and cost of course. Some have been known to have a slight gap in the upper windsheild to roof seal causing excessive noise.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:42 PM

Take a ride to the dealership and test drive another one to see if the wind noise is similar. Comparing a VUE to a Cavalier or Lumina is kinda pointless. Totally different vehicles.

After a test drive of another VUE and if it doesnt make as much noise, take it back to the dealer. Its an 07 so it should still be under warrenty.