VTI tranny swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

you don't need to retype it each time
go up to the top corner of the screen, find your name, click on it, select user CP, and then the link on the left that says edit signature.

No one thinks you're bragging. You have what you have

Old 12-30-2014, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by derf
you don't need to retype it each time
go up to the top corner of the screen, find your name, click on it, select user CP, and then the link on the left that says edit signature.

No one thinks you're bragging. You have what you have

I just unclick the signature box when I have submitted follow on replies. Acceptable? I don't feel that I needed my hand slapped by a senior moderator for such an admittedly non violation. Let's please get back on subject. Thanks, Andy

Last edited by blaisa; 12-30-2014 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:56 AM

Thanks to all your help my car is on the road! I do have a "servive engine" light on but haven't checked for codes yet. I need to hook up with a friend who has a scanner. Car runs great! Found the wiring in the steering column to be the culprit with the cruise control.
Project:
2003 Vue All Wheel Drive VTI transmission swapped to a 2005 Vue 5 speed manual.

Thanks for all the advice, Gattabout!

Old 12-31-2014, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by derf
Blaisa -- where'd your signature go? Please reinstate
Andy,

First of all I said please. I didn't slap your hand. No warning. No threats.
Notice I politely asked gottabout to do the same within the same post.
And all the moderators here (sw2cam and RJion) politely request the same of all new members.

And the only level of moderator in this software is "super" so I'm just a garden variety mod like the others.

If you feel that you don't want to list all your cars, that's your choice and I'm fine with that.

The main reason we ask people to config a recurring signature is so we know what Saturn(s) they own so we don't have to go scrolling back through a thread just to redetermine what Satty the post is about.

You've made excellent contributions to the forum already and I am sure more are to come. Anyone with that many cars obviously knows a thing or two -- which we're hoping you'll share

Can we please meet halfway and just have a permanent sig with name, location, and satty (year and model)? Short & sweet.

Thanks

Last edited by derf; 01-07-2015 at 12:29 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:41 AM

Thanks for the complement. I will continue to share with others here. That is the reason I first came here and I will pay it forward to others.

As for the signature, I will post a typed short signature on follow up comments if a signature of some sort is required.

Andy B.
2004 Saturn Vue w/ 5 speed swap

Old 12-31-2014, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator

Works for me.

Thank you.

Old 01-01-2015, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by gattabout
Thanks to all your help my car is on the road! I do have a "servive engine" light on but haven't checked for codes yet. I need to hook up with a friend who has a scanner. Car runs great! Found the wiring in the steering column to be the culprit with the cruise control.
Project:
2003 Vue All Wheel Drive VTI transmission swapped to a 2005 Vue 5 speed manual.

Thanks for all the advice, Gattabout!

You will continue to have the "service" light with the wrench next to it on. This is a light I am assuming that means you have passed a certain mileage where a service is due. At least that is what my Mercedes does. You will more than likely not find and trouble codes or pending trouble codes. Even if you do and correct the issue the light will remain because this light will not go out by removing codes. Removing codes will only turn the "service engine soon" light off.

Glad to hear you found the issue with the cruise control. Now your another 5 speed swapper on the road with a smile!! Talk about a peppy little SUV with a 5 speed and all that hands on control of the shifts.

Lets spread our experiences!

Andy
04 Vue with VTI to 5 speed swap

Old 01-01-2015, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator

I will cut the chit chat out of this thread and make it into a sticky.
Nice work guys!

Old 01-07-2015, 10:53 AM

Hooked up scanner to puill codes: P1599
This is going to be interesting!
Service manual says this could be a driver induced stall or near stall.
I'll keep you all posted when I figure something out. To cold to play with it today!
Gattabout

Old 01-31-2015, 07:55 PM

Got rid of all the issues! No longer have the "Service Engine" light on! Found an issue with the Electric Steering Assist. Weak ground, made corrections and all failure codes cleared up.

Quick Reply: VTI tranny swap