Painting VUE

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 11:25 AM

Wife has a new AWD V/6................I thought I'd paint a few things to finish it off a bit better. So I have the rocker covers and muflaps done with the front flaps on. Rear to go on when I get the black around the back done. I'll also paint the black around the front. Not to metion tint the two front windows to match the back sides.

Edited by: sw2cam

Old 05-29-2006, 03:02 AM

Way to do it half way. BTW I thought the SW was your wifes?

Old 05-29-2006, 01:27 PM

RamRamRam.............Go read my post again. I understand your unable to retain what you read for more then a min or two.

Old 05-29-2006, 11:58 PM

From the looks of it, not too bad. But I would definitely finish and go with the front and back too.

And for another idea. I've always been a fan of removing all emblems from cars. Will take a little time with some body work but always looks very cool after taking the time. Just an idea.

Old 05-30-2006, 12:44 AM

Yep..................I think I've said in at least two posts that the front, back, andhatch handle will all be done. I'll do it as I have time. As far as the side, front, or back emblems go. They'll stay on seeing the sides are mounted in an indentation, and I'm not willing to use filler and repaint perfect fenders foradaily driver. The front and rear are not removable without leaving a tell tail sign or more mods then I care to do on a daily driver. Then again I may put a billet grille in and that will remove the front emblem. The tint will be no darker then the legal 35% the state allows. Did I leave anything in doubt?

Chief and Ram..................your one in the same?Edited by: sw2cam

Old 05-30-2006, 11:13 AM

I was just agreeing with you on the front and back. And as far as the emblems go, it was just a suggestion. Stop thinking everyone is attacking you and take compliments for what they are, just compliments.

And again, NO I am not ram440sb. He's just stating his opinions. He may have some of the same views as I do, but that doesn't mean we are "one in the same."

Old 05-30-2006, 09:48 PM

I didn't think you were attacking me, were you attacking me?..............I just wanted to get things clear, so there would be no misunderstanding.