My crank but no start has become no crank no start

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2022, 12:18 PM
Default My crank but no start has become no crank no start

Hi all i have a 03 saturn vue v6 awd 3.0 and it is a long back story but i will just fill you in on whats going on now.....i was having starting problems after i swapped out alternator and this next part us comical and its okay to laugh but my crank no start issue after that swap took me over three weeks to resolve and the solution was super simple and it was my car was out of gas lmao that kills me everytime i say it but anyway after it ran great for about 2 weeks ot started shutting down while driving and would or sometimes wouldnt start right back up i would have to wait till it decided it wanted to start so i did research and came to the conclusion with process of elimination that it was the cranshaft position sensor so i got a new one and a new lock cylinder because last year someone tried stealing my car and crammed a different key in and well basically it was wasted and i needed a new one which out of everything i have done to this money sucking lemon for a car the cps and the cylinder were by far the easiest to do so they are in and im thinkiny problem are over ......buzz....wrong answer no i have a no crank no start problem and a horrendous high pitched screeching/buzzing/clicking from my engine when the key in turned to the start and on positions.....i got my stethoscope out and listened to try and pin point the exact location and then my battery died ugh but i feel its coming from my air cleaner and my manifold is there some sort of sensor inside that aircleaner that it plugs into? Can my battery be too weak to crank it but still have lights and other accessories still able to work? Is my lock cylinder triggering my anti theft system and shutting down fuel and spark? It said in the instructions that the cylinder didnt have to be recoded because it is not a chip key is that correct? I have been dealing with this money sucking demon since before thanksgiving and its one thing after another im at yhe end of my rope and just driving or i guess pushing it since it wont start off the closest cliff is looking better and better everyday. Any help is super appreciated and i look forward to read your thoughts insights recommendations or any other knowledge anybody may have to help me.

thank you
Rhonda Dewalt