Evap emission canister harness (hose)

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2023, 05:43 PM
Default Evap emission canister harness (hose)

i have recently had my vue diagnosed with an emission leak at the vapor emission canister purge solenoid in the hose connection on the firewall side of the canister.
The dealership has given me two part numbers for AC Delco part 12574777 and 12578679, but they are no longer manufactured.
is there an aftermarket source? i would hate to go to a wrecking yard, for a 20 year old plastic part.

Old 01-12-2023, 07:51 AM

Does it look like this. Amazon DOES sell car parts. All you have to do is search. There's also a place called eBaymotors.com you could check. They show to have it in stock . Here's the link I found it on with Amazon.
Amazon Amazon

Old 01-12-2023, 11:04 AM

the part you showed is close, but this is the one i have. i need the line that attaches to the side opposite the pigtail connector.
I have exhausted all my resources, amazon, ebay, all the car parts sops, the vintage places i can find, and online places like rock auto and carid.
i can find the purge solenoid easily enough, just not the plastic emission line that attaches to it. the line is the one with the green cap on the end in the pic.

Last edited by bbbaginz; 01-12-2023 at 11:06 AM. Reason: added info
Old 01-12-2023, 10:22 PM

Does it have to be new? I can get one from the junk yard pretty easily

Old 01-13-2023, 08:13 AM

Sorry man, I can't help you with that. I don't even see a line where that green cap is.

Old 01-13-2023, 11:31 AM

yes, new is preferred particularly for a 20 year old plastic part.
i have a new pic. the connector with the green cap is attached

to the line, need the whole thing, but not the purge solenoid, <i think>

Old 01-13-2023, 11:32 AM

Just as an afterthought, does anyone know if the connector is just a connector or does it do more? worst case i can cut it off and replace it with a fuel line.

Old 01-13-2023, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

I was just going to suggest that. The key is a no leak seal. You may want to get different sizes of fuel line and use one that is ever so slightly too small, heat it up with a heat gun without an altering it and jam it on before it cools where it connects to the metal. The only way to really tell what the hell it's doing is to remove it. Don't know how It attaches. If you're lucky it has standard fuel line disconnects but since technically it is not designed to handle fuel It probably does not unless that is the inlet side to the canister.

Old 01-13-2023, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

Hack job approach would be to find the leak with small amount of soapy water. If the leak is indeed a crack in the plastic, you could use some epoxy to close it. If the leak is at the connection point and you never plan to remove the part to replace the seal, you could also fill that gap with something like RTV but you would have to be pretty precise to have it be vapor sealed

Last edited by derf; 01-24-2023 at 07:44 PM.
Old 01-13-2023, 10:00 PM

the only problem is there is no metal parts involved. principle still applies i think. i just need to know if that connector does more than just connect.

Quick Reply: Evap emission canister harness (hose)