CD is stuck

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 08:55 PM
Default CD is stuck

I recently purchased a 2004 Saturn Vue. Today I tried the CD player, it worked the first time I used it. Later in the day I tried it again and the CD is stuck.
It's been extremely hot today and it's a 6 CD player but only 1 CD is in it. The display is lit up saying ejecting disc 1 but nothing happens. Suggestions please!

Old 07-08-2020, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Doozy
I recently purchased a 2004 Saturn Vue. Today I tried the CD player, it worked the first time I used it. Later in the day I tried it again and the CD is stuck.
It's been extremely hot today and it's a 6 CD player but only 1 CD is in it. The display is lit up saying ejecting disc 1 but nothing happens. Suggestions please!
Is the motor making noise trying to eject the disc? Can you see the front edge of the disc through the slot?

Sometimes as they get older the motors that inject the discs lose their full range of motion for mechanical reasons but also due to a buildup of crap that deposits in their over time.

If the motor is not making noise when you press the eject button you are probably SOL unless the disc is stuck somewhere between the motor and the exit slide and the motor does not think a disc is still in there.

Usually what happens if the motor does not lift the disc High Enough for it to be pushed out through a slot. If you can see the front edge of the disc, do the following at your own risk.

While the motor is pushing up on the disc, use something soft, thin, but stiff, like a piece of divider from a cheap jewelry box 2 slip under the front edge of the disc. You will likely need to go in at a steep angle pointing down to get past the front edge. Then again sometimes you can lift the disc up by pushing gently on the front edge from below. Once you start experimenting with it you will quickly learn the rules of how things respond. Be patient, use something that will not scratch your disc, take what it gives you.

In the end you will get it.

After that I would suggest putting in a junk blank CD and seeing if this is a reproducible problem. Sometimes if the device has not been used for months or years it just needs to be exercised. Better to do that with a junk disc then one you care about. Sometimes you have to adjust the front plate relative 2 the rest of the player. But that is worst case.

Do not stick tools into the slot. You will scratch your disc.

Old 07-08-2020, 10:15 PM

Unfortunately, it's not making any noise. I don't really care about the CD. I just want the display to shut off and the disc out. I won't use it again. Was just trying to see if it worked!

Old 07-09-2020, 04:25 AM
Super Moderator

In that case, do a bit of research and see what else is on the same fuse. If you will never use the entire device, you can GENTLY remove the trim around the unit, unscrew, pull forward, and disconnect the power connector, then reassemble. But I suppose you lose your clock that way.

You can also pull the unit and disassemble but PITA.

Old 07-09-2020, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by derf
In that case, do a bit of research and see what else is on the same fuse. If you will never use the entire device, you can GENTLY remove the trim around the unit, unscrew, pull forward, and disconnect the power connector, then reassemble. But I suppose you lose your clock that way.

You can also pull the unit and disassemble but PITA.
The radio works. Would like to be able to listen to that. Just wouldn't ever use the CD player. Just need the CD out! May seek professional help. Like a stereo installer.

Old 07-22-2020, 02:10 PM

I found a guy to replace the radio. Was the easiest and least expensive solution!