2005 Saturn vue clutch issue's

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 08:33 PM
Banned
Default 2005 Saturn vue clutch issue's

Hi, I recently installed a new motor and transmission in my wife's 2005 vue 2.2lt 5sp. While I had it apart I installed a new pressure plate,clutch and slave cylinder. Once I got everything back together I tried to bleed the clutch and after 12hrs of messing with it the hydraulic s I entered the car and tried to press the pedel down and the mastercylinder broke.now after 160 dollars for a new mastercylinder I still can not build pressure in the system. I can manage to build a small amount of resistance in the pedal but not enough to engage the gears. I have tried pulling the line at the transmission out a quarter inch and vacuum bleeding it and I tried gravity bleeding along with every other way possible. Does anybody have a idea what special thing I have to do to bleed this cluth? Oh for got to mention I got mad at the car and left it sit for 3 days until to night when I tried to press the clutch pedel in ,the pedel was almost frozen,not only until I bleed some fluid out was I albe to press the pedel down

Old 07-17-2016, 10:39 PM

Hey there Bowman184, just looking through some threads, and came across yours. I know it's been a few weeks, but still the same, wondering if you found your problem? Bleeding clutch hydraulics is a little different than bleeding hydraulic brakes. With a clutch hydraulic system, first open the bleeder valve, then you push the pedal down, close the valve, then pull the pedal back up. As the pedal is pulled back up, the vacuum draws the hydraulic fluid through the system. Do this about three or four times, then check the pedal height. If it still feels spongy, keep bleeding until you get all the air out. If you "pump" the pedal, you irate the fluid, or whip air into the fluid causing it to foam up...then you have to let it sit a few hours for the bubbles to settle.