03 Vue shakes

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 11:38 PM
Banned
Default 03 Vue shakes

Hey there, I need serious help. I have a 03 Vue AWD (100 K) with 4 cyl. and the variable trans (that has been replaced). Both myself and an ex Saturn mechanic are stumped. I had new tires put on last fall also. It has started to shake awhile ago and seems to be getting worse. Starts shaking about 55 under load and up hills and goes away if you let off the gas but starts up when you get back on the fuel. The Mech. took the drive shaft off and it did not shake so he replaced the center bearing and it still shakes. I hate to keep replacing things. Anyone out there have any thing like this, or close, or ideas on it. The mech. said he really doesn't remember any rear axles going out in this year/model. Well any help is of course appreciated. Thanks. Please send me a message if you have any.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:39 AM
Banned

OK, your statement is that under load and/or uphill at 55 or greater, you get a "shaking", but when going downhill or coasting at the same speed there's no shaking -- am I reading you right?

Now to the heart of the matter --> what's shaking ?? Do you mean the whole car is vibrating, or just the steering wheel?

Old 04-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Banned

You got the first part correct and the car and steering both shake. OH and also on a flat stretch just driving it does it, only upon acceleration and going up hill it gets worse. But with the drive shaft gone it disappeared.

Last edited by redvue; 04-08-2011 at 11:54 AM. Reason: addition
Old 04-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Banned

Hmmm ... First guess would be a defective transmission support/mount - the touque on the driveshaft moves everything out of position, causing the shaking

Old 04-09-2011, 09:55 PM
Banned

I will be pulling the drive shaft to double check the vibs. And do a real good check on the drive shaft itself. Keep the ideas coming and I will let Ya'll know what the fix is. Thanks again.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Banned

I pulled the drive shaft and darn it if the shaking quit. I now look to the RDM (rear drive module or differential). Rather than just change it out I will now replace the fluid (Versatrak #12378514) and run it for a bit then drain and replace it again. Maybe the fluid is just old and bad and causing the pump to engage and release causing the vibration. Well that's were I am at now.

Last edited by redvue; 04-15-2011 at 08:31 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Banned

I have not received the fluid yet but should today or tomorrow. So I put the drive shaft back in so when the fluid gets here I can change it and flush it and it would be ready to go. I took it for a run on the same road that I tested it before and at first it did not even shake when I first started out, but did shake a bit after it warmed up. I did really clean the rear flange well before I installed the drive shaft. I think it may be a combination of the flange was not cleaned well when the tranny was replaced and also the fluid needs changing as it seemed good cold but changed as it warmed up. Update coming after I get the fluid. Ideas still welcome.