'03 Vue with Code P0967

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 09:43 AM
Default '03 Vue with Code P0967

So my Vue has the code P0967. Is this something that can be fixed by swapping out a solenoid? Or does this require full replacement of the valve assembly? I can't seem to find anything solid on whether this solenoid is replaceable or integrated into the assembly.

Old 05-28-2019, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

It looks like the pressure control solenoid is available at Rock Auto. I do not have a service manual for that transmission.

Old 05-28-2019, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator

Very limited research in the last 5 min indicates the code means

P0967 Pressure Control Solenoid B Control Circuit High

The actual condition causing it is LIKELY a short to voltage on the circuit that has the TCC Lockup Pressure Control Solenoid Valve.
However, this does NOT necessarily mean the TCC Lockup Pressure Control Solenoid Valve is itself faulty.

The following link is to a thread where a former GM/Saturn? Tech pasted the FSM directions for diagnosis. It's for a 6 cyl; don't know if you have 4 or 6 and don't know if trannys are the same but doubt it.
But the concepts in troubleshooting will be very similar.

Per the diag tree, it can be

TCM wiring harness issue
Internal wiring harness issue
Valve body issue (replace valve body)
TCM issue (replace TCM)

Upon re reading the diag tree, nowhere does it say to replace JUST the TCC lockup Pressure Control Solenoid, unless "replace control valve body module" is referring only to the PCsolenoid in question, which I do not believe is the case.

So it APPEARS that getting this code is an indication that a short to voltage has been detected on the PC solenoid B circuit, but the location of the short is somewhere else.

Here's the link - you make the call

https://www.justanswer.com/saturn/57...oblem-say.html

Old 06-04-2019, 05:50 PM

Thank you. I don;t know why I always have such trouble finding info an OBDII codes. Somehow I always end up with a bunch of nonsense and not sure what is what I actually need.

Mine is indeed a V6, but I don't think I have the right kind of tools to diagnose this. I mean, I have a couple multimeters and a code scanner, but I don't have a scanner that can do some of what is required in the testing tree, which looks to just be part of Step #2. I dont have money to spend on a tool or to relocate the vehicle to shop for that bit, and I'm not sure that a mobile app linked to a Bluetooth device will suffice (haven;t seen any that do anything other than regular OBD data and code reading). A lot of those look to be testing the contacts of the plug end of the internal wiring harness, but I don;t see any indication on how to know which pins are #3 and #10.

Old 06-05-2019, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator

I run car diagnostics pro on an obdliilink MX Bluetooth. 80 for the hardware, $5 for car diagnostics pro version. That $5 blows away any other Bluetooth based diag app by orders of magnitude as far as general diagnostics across the board for all makes and models. It reads BCM codes SRS codes also known as airbag codes ABS codes transmission codes. all of the things you cannot read with a plain code reader that you really want to know. For each car brand there is usually a brand-specific app that can do even more but just for that brand. There are a few Ford apps for example that can actually exercise different parts of the vehicle through the OBD2 port connection. You can pick subsets of modules to scan for codes or just throw the whole book against the wall scan for everything.

With regards to announce on that connector oh, I'm sure we can find a wiring diagram showing the pinout. Will likely come from someone on Saturn fans.com as I think all those folks together have a service manual on every possible combination of Saturn models series and dreams.

The program and hardware interface that I mentioned will not solve or help you solve this issue but for $85 total it can't be beat. Just thought I'd pass that along

Please specify which vehicle you have in its entirety as in the year model mileage tranny model if you know it. Can probably figure out the tranny as usually there is only one option.

I will then try to track down a wiring diagram for you.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by derf
Please specify which vehicle you have in its entirety as in the year model mileage tranny model if you know it. Can probably figure out the tranny as usually there is only one option.

It's a 2003 Vue, 3.0L V6, AWD 5spd AT with 231K miles.

And sorry the response took so long. Too much has been going on lately, and I keep getting distracted.

Old 06-19-2019, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

Shayt happens.

Just last week I had a vitreous detachment in my eye, went to the ophthalmologist for an exam, got laser surgery on the spot.

Old 06-20-2019, 04:07 PM

Wow, that sounds like a rather unfortunate day.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by derf
I run car diagnostics pro on an obdliilink MX Bluetooth. 80 for the hardware, $5 for car diagnostics pro version. That $5 blows away any other Bluetooth based diag app by orders of magnitude as far as general diagnostics across the board for all makes and models. It reads BCM codes SRS codes also known as airbag codes ABS codes transmission codes. all of the things you cannot read with a plain code reader that you really want to know. For each car brand there is usually a brand-specific app that can do even more but just for that brand. There are a few Ford apps for example that can actually exercise different parts of the vehicle through the OBD2 port connection. You can pick subsets of modules to scan for codes or just throw the whole book against the wall scan for everything.

With regards to announce on that connector oh, I'm sure we can find a wiring diagram showing the pinout. Will likely come from someone on Saturn fans.com as I think all those folks together have a service manual on every possible combination of Saturn models series and dreams.

The program and hardware interface that I mentioned will not solve or help you solve this issue but for $85 total it can't be beat. Just thought I'd pass that along

By any chance have you had an opportunity to locate any documentation? If not, could you still at least point me to where to look to find this connector? It seems likely to be either a bad internal harness or a bad valve body. If it's not too difficult, I'm thinking maybe to just try swapping out the harness to see if that does the trick, since I can locate a new one for a little under $100. Odds are that if it doesn't do the immediate trick, at over 230k miles it was probably goign to need it soon anyway.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

So sorry.
I have the memory span of a plastic spork.

I'll poke around

Quick Reply: '03 Vue with Code P0967