Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

What type oil in Manual Transmission Sl1 DOCH

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 10:27 AM
Banned
Default What type oil in Manual Transmission Sl1 DOCH

Hello guys! In my country Saturn sl1 very rare car. And All users pour different types of oils in manual transmission. i pour DEXTRON III. Im Right or no? Thx for help.

Old 07-31-2015, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

An SL1 is a SOHC, unlike your sig (DOHC) and the title of your post
How do I know you are in Moscow and not down the street from me spoofing a valid Russian Federation IP?

Who is your internet provider?
How many hours are you ahead of GMT?

Sorry but we have not had a single member from your part of the world in 10 years that wasn't a spammer

I hear the Ban Hammer coming up quickly......

Last edited by derf; 07-31-2015 at 01:08 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

google "saturn sl1 manual transmission fluid"

You know how to use the internet--(you joined this forum)......
____
You already know the answer is Dextron III.

Bye Bye

Old 07-31-2015, 02:39 PM

DexTron? I thought it was Dexron.

Old 08-01-2015, 01:22 AM

Racist moderator banned my simple question. He thinks that Russia is so easy to know what kind of oil to pour into the machine. 80% of all users pour gear oil in this manual with gear type. In reference to my page http: //vk.com/drony . Without knowledge of English I find it difficult to communicate.

Old 08-01-2015, 01:25 AM

In Moscow maximum 20 users saturn S-class!!!

Old 08-01-2015, 02:45 AM
Super Moderator

A) The answer to your "simple question" is all over the internet (Dexron III). Not sure why you'd join a forum when it's faster to google the question. But no harm, no foul.

B) I am not racist I have several Russian friends who have tried but cannot possibly fully explain the hardships experienced in their lives. Having to struggle for everything ALL the time wears you down, further and further.

They now live in the US. My friend's response to "how's it going" is always "bad as usual" which he said he developed back Russia. His wife always called him Vova (English spelling?), so we often did too -- knowing it was totally inappropriate for anyone outside the family to do so

B) The answer to your question is all over the internet (Dexron III)

C) Your English is quite good for a non native English speaker. I have no issues understanding you. I've had more troubles understanding some American folks!

D) I knew if you were real, you'd create another username and come right back. Usually that's grounds for banning but this is a special case

Welcome back -- and I apologize for the rough treatment, but this site has been spammed so many times in the past I had to error on the side of caution.

So is it a single overhead cam (SOHC) or a dual overhead cam (DOHC)?
---If it has non painted bumpers it is an SOHC SL or SL1
---if the color of the paint on the bumpers matches the color of the paint on the rest of he car, it is a DOHC (SL2).

Or you can check the easy way ---open the hood. It'll say DOHC or SOHC on top of the cylinder head

Свой своего не обидит

Peace.

Last edited by derf; 08-01-2015 at 02:51 AM.
Old 08-01-2015, 02:48 AM
Super Moderator

what else can we help you with?

And how'd Moscow end up with 20 saturns?

Old 08-01-2015, 03:10 AM

About 20 Saturns I said approximately) At least they are very very small. For 2 years I saw 2 more things apart from my own. Thx for understanding. Saturn SL - This owners on Russia, Ukraine and Byelorussia

Old 08-01-2015, 03:24 AM

In fact, I still do not understand why it pours dexron III. It's only oil for automatic transmissions. My friends mechanics do not believe me that this is possible)

Quick Reply: What type oil in Manual Transmission Sl1 DOCH