Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

SW2's welcome here?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Default SW2's welcome here?

Hi, fellas...another fng here...lol! I know this forum is listed as S sedans, but hoping the wagons would get some love here also? Got a '99 SW2 I bought in March of this year as a commuter, and this has GOT to be one of America's best-kept auto secrets ever...

Last edited by timmerz; 09-07-2010 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:26 AM

I'm considering a SW as my second Saturn after I finish fixing up my SL1 I just bought. Not that I could ever be done.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Anarrafel
I'm considering a SW as my second Saturn after I finish fixing up my SL1 I just bought. Not that I could ever be done.
At the time of purchase I was active on the music scene, so I needed the room in the back for equipment....since then I've retired from music but am still commuting 100 miles a day for the day job...

Old 09-07-2010, 11:46 AM

Hope it's ok to throw a pic up?

I paid a hefty $2400 for it, but could literally find nothing wrong with the car. After 6 months of 100+ miles a day 6 days a week I'm at 160k and it is using a quart of 5w-30 every 3 tanks of gas...my wife calls it "the skateboard"...

Old 09-07-2010, 12:10 PM

There must be something wrong with my SL1. It's not burning any oil and not leaking yet.

I know what your commute is like, I have one just like it, 102 miles per day. I couldn't imagine what it would be like if we didn't have the gas mileage we do.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:18 PM

There must be something wrong with my SL1. It's not burning any oil and not leaking yet.

I know what your commute is like, I have one just like it, 102 miles per day. I couldn't imagine what it would be like if we didn't have the gas mileage we do.
Yep, no doubt! Mine has averaged 34 mpg since I bought it, and my commute is early in the morning and late in the afternoon so I don't need to use the a/c unless I take it out over the weekend...glad to hear yours isn't burning oil yet! Mine's at 1 qt/1k miles rigt now with no visible smoke or leakage...

Old 09-07-2010, 12:28 PM

I need to get my A/C fixed. Rush hour on the freeway for 40 miles of my trip in the afternoon.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:30 PM

I need to get my A/C fixed. Rush hour on the freeway for 40 miles of my trip in the afternoon.
Doh! Depending on where you are, lately that's been a scorcher, no?

Old 09-07-2010, 01:02 PM

Just outside Detroit. Yeah, this has been alot hotter summer than we've had for a long time. I'm hoping that all I need is a recharge of the A/C.

How is the cargo room in your SW? Could a person stretch out in the far back? I used to use my Jeep Cherokee for trips where I would sleep in the back in campgrounds.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:09 PM

Just outside Detroit. Yeah, this has been alot hotter summer than we've had for a long time. I'm hoping that all I need is a recharge of the A/C.

How is the cargo room in your SW? Could a person stretch out in the far back? I used to use my Jeep Cherokee for trips where I would sleep in the back in campgrounds.
I can't stretch out in mine, and I'm an even 6' tall (and heavy, at 280 lbs.)...the seats that fold down don't fold all the way, so they stay canted at an upwards angle a little bit. If you are packing boxes (or bass cabinets and amplifiers) it's really good, useable packing space but for sleeping, the front seats all the way down are the way to go...slide them back all the way, drop the backs down all the way, and grab your blanket! Cozy!

Quick Reply: SW2's welcome here?