Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

SL2 misfire or short hesitancy

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 09:27 PM
Banned

replaced wires and plugs, o2 sensors(front and back)ignition coils and module,fuel filter. After the car drives for about 1-2 miles it misses once or twice upon depressing the accelerator. it will run smoothly if just cruising but once acc. is depressed or when up shifting also it will miss.
my son-in-law let it idle for about 1/2 hour on a trip on the interstate in a construction area and that''s when it started. any suggestions?
Caldi

Old 08-30-2008, 10:59 PM

I''m having the same sort of problem. Car misses when accelerator is lightly pressed or trying to keep a constant speed. My car will idle ruff also. I''m getting a Quad Driver Error code at idle. I''ve replaced Wires, plugs, O2 sensor, Coolant temp sensor, crank sensor, air temp sensor, Ign mod, coils, map sensor, TPS sensor, Idle control Sensor, swapped out injectors and fuel press reg from another car. I still have the same problem. I''m about to get the gas can and matches out. Not sure if this helps you any, but if you find out any info please let me know.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:05 AM

Parts stores love people that replace parts

Post pictures of the fire, oh and if your toaster,TV, computer, A/C breaks down in the house ... light it ablaze and post those pictures also.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by brentcopes77
I''''m having the same sort of problem. Car misses when accelerator is lightly pressed or trying to keep a constant speed. My car will idle ruff also. I''''m getting a Quad Driver Error code at idle. I''''ve replaced Wires, plugs, O2 sensor, Coolant temp sensor, crank sensor, air temp sensor, Ign mod, coils, map sensor, TPS sensor, Idle control Sensor, swapped out injectors and fuel press reg from another car. I still have the same problem. I''''m about to get the gas can and matches out. Not sure if this helps you any, but if you find out any info please let me know.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:14 PM
Banned

I think just posted a blank reply. Brent if I find out anything I''ll let you know.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:58 AM

Caldi. I found out my problem. Or at least part of it. I had a defective spark plug wire on #3 cylinder. I changed the plugs and wires again. My check engine light still comes on at idle but it runs a lot better. I can run the car with the a/c on now. Nice to have in Texas. You might pull the plugs to see if any of them are fouled out already. I was getting spark on #3 but not much. I didn''t think a plug wire out of the box would be bad but I was wrong. I hope this helps.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:45 AM
Banned

BRENTCOPES77. Thanks, I did check the plugs as you suggested and they were all nice and tan. I read in another post that the coolant temp sensor can give the computer wrong readings and pulled it and it had some cracks in the ceramic(?) end that goes into the block. Replaced it for 10 bucks and the problem is now solved.

Caldi

Old 09-03-2008, 12:36 AM
Banned

the problem was not fixed as i had thought. sw2cam told me to replace the connector (always!) so that''s what i''m going to do. i''ll post the results. caldi

Old 09-05-2008, 05:20 PM
Banned

yep, replacing the connector did it. sorry i doubted. thanks again to sw2cam for the advice. caldi