Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

Saturn stalls on brake?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Banned

"Low-Mike:"

"From the ones I've worked on, the first and most common thing to go is the hydrolic assembly. The next is the clutch disc. "

You are right on both counts.... my mech phoned back. He said the Hydra-assby was indeed bad. Same as you described, couldn't push the slave pistonenough to move the fork, but otherwise had me faked-out.So he replaced that also. I'm in a way big-time lucky...he said i had about 1/16inch lefton my clutch plate before I got down to the rivets (205K on this original clutch). Had I dxd the Hydra-assby as 'bad' myself and replaced just that ONLY, I still would be needing a full clutch job in another month or two to get the plate replaced. I'm picking it up tomorrow, $397 total...neighbor had my head spinning with extimates at over four digits...geez.Otherwise best neighbor in the world. You and I should stay in touch....I posted aboutmy clutch issue on three other 'topic' boards here....got more with you here -- and this is all following myresponse to "Flamesrock's" issue. take care,

mike, mgwiz@tampabay.rr.com

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>

< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-47";
urchinTracker();
</>

< =text/>_popupControl();</>Edited by: mg4door95

Old 05-30-2008, 08:46 PM
Banned

</>
(do I not understand how to post on this forum?....)

(that was a test....) mike
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-47";
urchinTracker();
</>

< =text/>_popupControl();</>

Old 05-31-2008, 10:52 PM
Banned

</>
"Low-Mike"

geez...you won't believe what this knucklehead mech did with me. So he replaced all my internal parts, normal wear for a 205K mile, 13 1/2 yr old clutch, nothing bent or broke, clutch plate down to about maybe 3/32 of an inch of meat left...would have lasted six months or thereabouts, maybe even a bit longer.All internal parts new (didn't need the flywheel), showed me and gave me the receipt, and my old parts also. To save me a couple bucks and be a 'nice guy'.... he replaced my bad master/slave h-assby...with one he pulled out of a salvage/wreck vehicle. He test drove a couple miles not enough to get hot yesterday...pronounced it fine. I picked it up today, seemed fine in the lot, awful squeak like my old one did, but seemed fine. I got about five miles...and this one started packing up, not coming up, had to punch it to bring it up, and at another half mile and two lights later it died completely. And of course he was 'done' for the weekend, "get it back here and i'll take care of it monday" was the line. I was broke down two blocks away from an Autozone -- they had a brand new, w/ lifetime warranty, combined M/S H-assbly....for 86.99 plus tax. I had it towed home and replaced it here in our 93 degree florida late afternoon and evening.... Believe that crap?...Charged me 397 originally....could have told me 487 with a brand new combo M/S H-assbly included, and i still would have gladly paid that and considered it a good deal. I just hate having anyone do any work on my cars....
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-47";
urchinTracker();
</>