Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

HP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 11:27 AM

i know what a lot of you will say. Switch to a DOHC but there isn''t one anywhere near me and i want to mess with the SOHC for some odd reason. But is there any quick and easy ways to squeeze out a few more pony''s? And will cleaning the T/B help with anything?

Old 06-05-2008, 12:55 PM

cleaning the TB will only really help to prevent problems with idle, such as the butterfly valve getting stuck and runnning high RPM''s. I guess it would help alittle with flow, but nothing that youd really notice. Its just more of a good maintenance thing to do.

Old 12-07-2008, 02:31 PM

port out the trottle body, if you have a manual transmission get a cai, obx headers, 2.0-2.25 inch exhaust,replace your catalytic converter.wat year is your sl1? mine is a 1998 sl1 to get better acceleration i stripped my trunk and removed my a/c just basic weight reduction get rid of the things you dont need/use.go to streetdesignauto.com see what they hav

Old 12-07-2008, 05:49 PM

yeah mine is the same year How much weight did you get out of it? and did you need to get a piggy back tuner?

Old 12-09-2008, 11:25 PM

dropped down the weight maybe 30-35 lbs cuz i removed spare tire, jack, lining, air conditioner, rear seats it doesnt sound like much but it does improve acceleration and gas mileageno piggyback tuner, works just fine i also hav a high flow muffler and cai i hav a 5 spd never drove an automatic saturn not saying its bad i just like the fact that i control wen the car shifts wat performance parts were u lookin 4 or had in mind?

Old 12-10-2008, 06:10 AM

Well i really can''t do much. But i have a higher flowing muffler on now. And everything else is stock. I''m Wanting a RAI due to having an automatic. and i would like to get a big bore throttle body.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:35 PM

check www.streetdesignauto.com they have ported throttlebodies, racing intake manifolds, and even performance heads