Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

Code 32

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 05:34 PM

Hey all,

My 95 SL2 has been hesitating at about 40-50mph and throwing a code 32. Iknow this is a EGR code but I wanted your advice. I could replace the valve for about $150, but that may not fix the problem. Is something that tpically sets off this code? Does anyone know if there is a way to see if I am getting a high or low reading to trip this code?

Thanks guys. I am also having some nasty belt screaching in reverse and sometimes after start up. Probably totaly unrelated, but I thought I'd throw that in there.

Old 04-07-2007, 09:53 PM

You can try to clean the pintle valve using carb cleaner and scraping away the carbon build-up. The shaft must slide freely for the EGR valve to operate properly so clean as much deposits off it as possible for the shaft to move freely. Doing this may save you the cost of the replacement one but if this doesn't do it replacement is the only answer.

The belt screeching may be due to the loss of the belt tensioner's ability to hold the serpentine belt taught. For a '95 that's a long time and probably overdue for replacement along withthe idler pulley as the bearings eventually wear out. A simple test for the belt tensioner is to push the belt between the pulleys; anygive frommildeffortjust confirms that the tensioner is not holding the serpentine belt taught. Replace the belt also andkeep the old oneas a spare.

Old 04-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

+1

Ducky, you're gonna make me obsolete

Derf