Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

car idles high

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 01:50 PM

:Collins: "but I obviously dont know saturns..."

Collins you ob·vi·ous·ly don't know what a throttle body is and or what it does. ALL Saturns are injected.

Old 03-08-2006, 11:35 PM

last time i checked they are called throtle body fuel injection

Old 03-09-2006, 06:41 PM

You guys take this to serious. A guy asked a question, and someone tried to answer. Do you really have to attack him. Besides for that saturns may come stock with fuel injection, however people who rebuild the engine might decide to put on a carb, people do it all the time at school, less computers.

Old 03-09-2006, 08:50 PM

David: A guy asked a question and another guy gave the wrong answer. Not only did he give the wrong information he linked us to a site that shows a Saturn with an aftermarket air intake and makes the claim of some years being plastic and others being metel. Allstock Saturn air intakes are plastic, and all Saturn run withFI. No carbs no needle and seats, no floats or float bowls. I also gave a good answer on what may be the cause of the high idle. Others also gave the same reply, but misinformation or misleading information from others can not and will not help you or anyone on anything. Soyes I did take thequestionserious andI took the answers serious. I also take misinformation serious. Just think the next time you ask a question on a subjectyou may getan incorrest answer and do something that could be harmfull to what ever it is your working on. Edited by: sw2cam

Old 03-10-2006, 01:11 AM

I am not complaining about the correction, however personal attacks have no place, nither does back and forth debating will not solve anything. If you want to keep it up you should create a new topic and leave this one for answering the origional question. That way you do not need to find the needle in the hay stack and have only posts dirictly related to the origional post.

Old 03-10-2006, 10:06 PM

So why did you jump into this thread and post nothing that has to do with the original subject. Why did you only come jump in here to banter the people that posted an answer to the question. LOL. So with that, thats all I have to say to you. Thank you and have a nice life.

Old 03-10-2006, 10:46 PM

I am new here, but my high idle problem was a vacumn leak. I would check that first.

Old 03-12-2006, 01:57 AM

Yeah, its either a vacuum leak or a PVC. I change mine out (plus a fuel filter) and it fixed my RPM problem. Many times those three dollar valves get gummed up and people overlook them pretty easy and try to start with the expensive stuff. Change your PVC first, and check the line for cracks.

Old 03-13-2006, 08:58 AM

I never said they werecarburated. throttle body injection requires only one injector which isnt the same as the fuel injection which uses 4 injectors.doesnt it?

Old 03-13-2006, 11:00 AM

Wow, you guys are still on that? Maybe this tread needs to be moved to a General Discussion page. Poor guy needs help with his car and all anyone wants to do is argue car knowledge.

Quick Reply: car idles high