Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

99 Saturn SL2

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 09:38 PM

New brakes, new struts, new tires, and it still wont start. Sounds like a country song for some reason.

Just keep buying parts till you find the one that fixes everything .......

Old 10-09-2010, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator

no it runs in place now

just cant move

Old 10-13-2010, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by sw2cam
New brakes, new struts, new tires, and it still wont start. Sounds like a country song for some reason.

Just keep buying parts till you find the one that fixes everything .......

I came here looking for help to find the problem but all you can seem to do is make fun of my posts. I have described things the best that I know how. I can NOT afford to take this car to a dealer, and my dad isn't familiar with Saturns so all he can do is the best he knows how.

Old 10-13-2010, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by derf
no it runs in place now

just cant move
and so you can laugh some more he did take it to a shop to have the cat con replaced, and now the car will run fine but it won't idle. The "professional" that worked on it said the cat con was definatly stopped up.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Banned

OK --

By the way, we too are trying to help ...

Your last statement says the car now runs fine except that it will not idle. I would check and make sure that the throttle position sensor (TPS) is properly connected, and is sending back proper information

Old 10-15-2010, 06:27 AM

If your car is eating that much oil, a quart a week, you need to find out where it's leaking or if it's combusting in the engine. You say it's smoking so it's probably combusting in the engine, which means it's leaking into the cylinders, which is an engine gasket problem, the oil seals are bad.

It will probably foul your spark plugs after a short time, so you need to replace the plugs, but then you gotta solve the gasket problem before you foul your new plugs again.

Don't overfill with oil,

You can sometimes just soak the fouled plugs in carbureutor cleaner or something, let them dry, make sure they are gapped right, etc. You don't always have to replace them.

Last edited by MikeIndiana; 10-15-2010 at 06:32 AM.