Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

93 SL2 with tranny issue!!!! Need HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 01:22 PM
Default 93 SL2 with tranny issue!!!! Need HELP!!!!

Hey guys, I have a 93 SL2 and I'm having tranny problems with this thing. I've torn the tranny out and had it rebuilt with parts from another tranny. First when I put it back in, I busted the pump! Yikes! So I had to tear it all down again and put a new pump in it, due to not having the splines lined up properly during installation. (Major learning experience). I finally got it all back together and got it running and was extremely excited. I left it run for about 10 minutes because it was idling at a very high idle, so I wanted to see if it would straighten out. I found that to be an unrelated problem. But the 2 problems I'm having with the tranny now is when you put it in gear, it stalls. Also, the tranny fluid gets so hot, it starts to boil! Just from sitting there. Now, the valve body has been checked, all of the solenoids have been pressure tested and checked for the proper continuity. I'm pretty sure that the torque converter is okay, but it hasn't been confirmed yet. Can anyone tell me what to look for and what to check on this thing? I'm really getting tired of sinking money into a car that isn't worth it anyhow, but I don't want to give up yet since I do have a bunch of money into it! HELP PLEASE!