Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

1996 SL2 Drivers side headlight

Old 02-05-2008, 08:46 AM

I have a 96 SL2 and the drivers side High beam quit working along with the DRL. I have checked and replaced the DRL relay, all the fuses, the headlamp bulb, and still to no avail I haven't fixed the problem. Is there any other sort of realy or fuse I might be missing or does it sound like a short. Please any help would be appreciated. Edited by: sw2cam

Old 02-05-2008, 09:47 PM

Look up electrical short on your search engine. Does that seem to be whats going on. Now look up open circuit.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:00 AM

Would this do it. My horn is disconnected not completeing its circuit. The prongs on my old horn broke off so its disconnected. I need to replace it and its a dealer only part. So I haven't got around to it yet.

Old 02-06-2008, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by branlee33
Would this do it. My horn is disconnected not completeing its circuit. The prongs on my old horn broke off so its disconnected. I need to replace it and its a dealer only part. So I haven't got around to it yet.
Not quite true. You can find them in junkyards too.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:35 PM

</></>

I found that the generic low tone horn sold at AutoZone was anexact replacement for my '98 SW2's horn. Even made by the same manufacturer. There was a small electronic module glued to the horn with the wire plugged into it. All I had to do was pry it off the dead horn and reattach it to the new horn.</></>
< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>

< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-47";
urchinTracker();
</>Edited by: LittleRed

Old 02-08-2008, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by LittleRed

&lt;/&gt;&lt;/&gt;

I found that the generic low tone horn sold at AutoZone was an exact replacement for my '98 SW2's horn. Even made by the same manufacturer. There was a small electronic module glued to the horn with the wire plugged into it. All I had to do was pry it off the dead horn and reattach it to the new horn.&lt;/&gt;&lt;/&gt;
&lt; src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/&gt;
&lt;/&gt;

&lt; =text/&gt;
_uacct = "UA-939292-47";
urchinTracker();
&lt;/&gt;
Thanks for letting me know thats all you have to do. The small electric module that you are speaking of I assume is the horn relay. Saturns put the relay right on the horn, as far as I know. Thats how they get you to buy the part from the dealer. I'm sure most people don't know that you can buy a horn from Auto Zone and just take the relay off the old horn. I know I didn't. Now I can put the horn I bought from them to use then. Thank you for the useful information. I'll let you know what happens, it looks like I have a project for today.