need help with hdligs

Old 09-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Default need help with hdligs

I am the orginal ower of an 07 Outlook XR AWD. It has the touring package which comes with the HID projector beam headlights. The issue is the headlights blink for the first few minutes they are on. Any Ideas?

Old 09-17-2010, 12:44 AM

both sides equally or one side or the other??? if its one or the other i would say that side ballast is going bad.. if they have one ballast firing both sides, (idk if thats possible) then yeah it will make both hid capsules flicker, blink, rly dim upon startup, at the same time..
if its one ballast per light and only one side is flickering it could also be a capsule going bad.. hid capsules last a long time, being its only an 07, i doubt they are bad.. its usually the ballasts..

hope i helped

edit: my DDM tuning HIDs are rly slow to reach full intensity the first time they ignite, and when they are rly cold.. one side flickers until it reaches full intensity..

Old 09-17-2010, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Dual_Cam_SaturnSL2
both sides equally or one side or the other??? if its one or the other i would say that side ballast is going bad.. if they have one ballast firing both sides, (idk if thats possible) then yeah it will make both hid capsules flicker, blink, rly dim upon startup, at the same time..
if its one ballast per light and only one side is flickering it could also be a capsule going bad.. hid capsules last a long time, being its only an 07, i doubt they are bad.. its usually the ballasts..

hope i helped

edit: my DDM tuning HIDs are rly slow to reach full intensity the first time they ignite, and when they are rly cold.. one side flickers until it reaches full intensity..
Thanks a ton. Once they warm up they don't flicker. It's just thst sometimes during the flicker the left side wo'nt refire which tells me they are individual ballasts.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:19 AM
Banned

Hmmmm.......

Just a bit of 'tounge-in-cheek' here --

I can understand about letting your vehicle warm up a bit on a a cold day -- but never thought I'd see the time I'd have to wait for the lights to warm up

Old 10-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator

that's why I cherish the sealed beams on my 95 SC2

Old 10-11-2010, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by OceanArcher
Hmmmm.......

Just a bit of 'tounge-in-cheek' here --

I can understand about letting your vehicle warm up a bit on a a cold day -- but never thought I'd see the time I'd have to wait for the lights to warm up
bahaha.. enter the world of HID technology.. its not that u have to wait, you can still see.. this is what it looks like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJMyImmO-TQ
here is a completely dif name of HIDs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI1wT...1&feature=fvwp
again, not all kits take this long, some are instant.. but for the $30 i paid for these brand new shipped to my door for both cars, i aint gonna bitch
that is completely cold (bout 53* outside) and once they are warm, if i switch to the hi beams in the Impala this is what they look like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBngGLafBdE

Old 10-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Super Moderator

OA's just funnun

liten up

Old 10-12-2010, 10:14 AM

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I have the latest thing!
Carbide,
you light them with a match.
No electricity.
The down side though it you have to clean the reflectors often and have you ever tried lighting them in a snow storm?

Old 10-13-2010, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by derf
OA's just funnun

liten up
o i know.. haha.. i wasnt tryin to be an ***..
Originally Posted by uncljohn
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I have the latest thing!
Carbide,
you light them with a match.
No electricity.
The down side though it you have to clean the reflectors often and have you ever tried lighting them in a snow storm?
sounds like they'd fit u an ur saturn

love how i give out the OP advice, and knowledge and i get bashed for it..

sry if i was coming off as an azz

God Bless

Old 10-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

dude

we are happy to have knowledgeable folks around here -- you'll notice nobody challenged you on what you know....we don't do that here unless people are flat out spewing incorrect info that is to the point of annoying to try to correct.

We was just poking fun

Consider yourself hazed. No harm/no foul.

unc is old -- he seems to know alot -- about what we're still not sure.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: need help with hdligs