Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2022, 11:28 PM
Default Need Advice

Friend gave me a 2000 LW200 Wagon 5. It has sat but managed to get it started and running. Needs rear lift window and carpet replaced. Any suggestions on where to find either?

Old 11-30-2022, 05:45 AM
Super Moderator

Perform a very thorough mechanical inspection before you start spending money on the vehicle. It may have rusted frame issues, electrical issues from critters chewing through the wiring, leaking seals from drying out..... Check the compression to get an overall idea of what you are dealing with.

If you totally don't care how long it lasts nor if you get stranded when it goes, you can probably find the glass at a junkyard.

. You also want to pull the carpet up first and see if and how bad the mold issue is. Wear a mask because if it is black mold, it can be extremely dangerous and you do not want to be inhaling the spores

Old 12-01-2022, 09:59 AM
Default Compression Check

Originally Posted by derf
Perform a very thorough mechanical inspection before you start spending money on the vehicle. It may have rusted frame issues, electrical issues from critters chewing through the wiring, leaking seals from drying out..... Check the compression to get an overall idea of what you are dealing with.

If you totally don't care how long it lasts nor if you get stranded when it goes, you can probably find the glass at a junkyard.

. You also want to pull the carpet up first and see if and how bad the mold issue is. Wear a mask because if it is black mold, it can be extremely dangerous and you do not want to be inhaling the spores
Thanks for advice!

Old 12-01-2022, 10:06 AM
Default Compression Kit

Is there a budget friendly compression kit you can recommend. My mechanic friend has one but I prefer my own on hand.

Old 12-02-2022, 05:21 AM
Super Moderator

Your mechanic friend's one is your best since you will almost never use the tool.