No power when driving

Old 09-30-2007, 08:46 AM

The car was running good yesterday. Came out this morning and drove it three miles and I noticed a lostof power when I started to go up a hill. Within a mile or two the car started to really lose power and would hardly move at 5 miles per hour. The car would idle but I would not have any power when I step on the gas

Old 09-30-2007, 11:48 AM

You may be in 'limp home mode', a degraded engine running condition due to a major sensor fault that still allows you to drive off the road into a repair shop nearby. Sometimes just driving to the side of the road, stopping the engine and re-starting it may reset the computer and allow a normal engine to run otherwise you'll have a check engine light on your dashboard indicating an alert. Review your owner's manual for more information if you have one. If not take the car to have the on-board diagnostics scanned for any trouble codes, either from an auto store that can scan for codes free or borrow someone's scanner. If you can retrieve the codes, write them down for your own records to follow up from various sites, find a repair shop that can work on Saturns and have expertise on reading, interpreting, and knowledgeable of OBD II codes. Industry standards to allow uniformity working on EFI systems with various sensors and the common faults unque to each manufacturer. Edited by: ducky