Saturn L Series Sedans & Wagons L100, L200, L300, LW200, and LW300

Question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2020, 12:14 PM
Default Question.

I recently bought a 2002 Saturn L200. I'm new to Saturn's so I was wondering if y'all could help me out. The blower for the heat and ac only works when i smack the bottom of it. But when it does blow it only blows out by the feet. I was wondering if someone could point me in a direction on how to fix it? Thanks.

Old 04-19-2020, 07:07 AM

First, remove the blower motor connector and make sure it's not just a bad connection on the plug. If that's okay, then you probably have a loose connection on the switch. Check it. Cleaning with electrical contact cleaner won't hurt it. I don't know much about the L series (or anything else, for that matter), but Andy does. I'm sure he'll be along to offer some insightful help. I'm thinking your cable may be loose for the blend door on the heater control, but I'm not sure. Hang on for Andy to respond.

Old 04-19-2020, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

If smacking the blower makes it run then there is a loose connection. That loose connection may be worn out blower brushes and a blower motor replacement may be needed. The loose connection may also be at the heater controls. Since the mode functions do not work start with the control head. The center dash panel just pulls off, disconnect the wiring for the hazard switch and the traction control. Remove the hvac control head and inspect the connections.