Power locks

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 08:21 PM
Default Power locks

I have an '07 Ion 2. Door locks will not lock with the fob or switch. Doors will unlock with the fob but not with the switch all the time. Suggestions?

Old 08-18-2019, 12:06 PM

Honestly I’m not sure how to fix the power locks. I’m having an intermittent power lock issue in my car too... if you cycle them too much in a given window of time they lose power but after you give them a few min they work okay again. For now I disabled the auto locks and all is fine

Old 08-18-2019, 12:34 PM
Default Power locks

Does anyone know if the 07 Ion2 power locks have relays or are the locks controlled by the BCM? Can't find relays in either fuse box. Locks will unlock. But not lock.

Last edited by Grbenda; 08-18-2019 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Misspelled
Old 08-18-2019, 12:37 PM

They *may* be controlled by the BCM... I’ve also found no relays even for stuff that’s been a relay in most other cars (flashers anyone?)

Old 08-23-2019, 12:10 AM
Default Power lock problem

I found 2 relays on the fuse panel that do not show up on any schematics. I replaced both relays and still have no lock, only unlock. O'Reilly doesn't show my relays for the locking/unlocking functions. Alarm works if I manually lock all the doors and hit the lock button on the fob. This one has me stumped. May have to go to GM for an answer.

Last edited by Grbenda; 08-23-2019 at 12:14 AM.
Old 08-24-2019, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

If you have not already, post on www. saturnfans.com . Larger active user base and some crazy knowledgeable people there, many with factory service manuals. We do what we can on this forum; when we cannot, we rrefer elsewhere because it is more important that you get your issue fixed then it is for us to eventually solve it nine months later.

Do an exhaustive search of the site before posting the question. There is oodles of information that have been there for so long many of the members actually have forgotten that such issues have already been posted and solved. I'm not making fun of them. The site is so huge it is just a reality.

Good luck and please stop back to let us know what the issue ultimately was, as this helps us to help others in the future.

Peace

Derf

Old 09-01-2019, 10:12 PM
Default Power locks

Thanks...will try there.

Old 09-05-2019, 04:25 AM
Super Moderator

and......

Old 09-06-2019, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

Crickets.....

Old 09-06-2019, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator

since most one n done folks aren't frequent forum users in general, they don't know they can go in and turn off email notification for responses.....
I think I'll adopt the above for every poster who receives feedback but never provides an update/outcome........ya know --- even out the frustration as it were.
Might even get some completed threads.

Saturnfans can be extremely useful -- but of course the same happens over there....only they have 500x the daily new posts we do.
So when I look anything up, 6 threads are exactly what I need, but three of them roll through 3 pages of discussion, shrink it down to 2 possible causes...................................

They said you were not home
When I came to your door
NO REPLY

Quick Reply: Power locks