New Member 2008 Astra XE3 and XE5

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 01:47 PM
Banned
Default New Member 2008 Astra XE3 and XE5

Hello, I am new to the group. I figured that I would check this site out, since the "other" Saturn website is currently shut down from yet another busy server issue. I have two Astras, yes two. Gee, I must like orphan cars. The 2008 XR 3 door was bought nearly new, and never titled, in 2009. Black in color, with all of the short list of available options, (leather, heated front seats, premium sound, 18' wheels, armrest), except for the automatic transmission, of course. The car now has only about 17,000 miles on it. My sapphire blue 2008 XE was purchased used and has the panoramic sunroof. I also have an unmolested 1964 Corvair Monza convertible in my garage, very nice, good for cruising on warm days.

Where is 08Astraxr? He seems to be the only regular poster to this site, but has not made one since last November. I understand that there were only about 12,000 cars imported to the U.S. and Canada, but are there any other Saturn (Opel/Vauxhall) Astra owners out there?

Let me know. Thanks.

Last edited by PaulWR; 04-10-2015 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:24 PM

Welcome to the forum.
Ditch that other site. To much miss information.

Post some pictures of the beauties!

And it isn't very often an Astra come through any forums.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by goaliemo
Welcome to the forum.
Ditch that other site. To much miss information.

Post some pictures of the beauties!

And it isn't very often an Astra come through any forums.
I will try but I am not that tech savvy. On that other site I never was able to get my pictures to post. Correction, my 3 door is an XR model, there was no XE (base) model available in the 3 door. Yeah, my "base" XE5 model Astra came with A/C, power windows, side mirrors, and locks, heated mirrors, and rear defrost. It also has the heated front seats and an engine block heater (Canadian imported only). When I get a chance, I will give it a shot and send some nice pics. Thanks

Old 04-07-2015, 03:39 PM

Im excited to see them!

Photobucket works wonders

Old 04-07-2015, 06:12 PM

Welcome to the forum, man. I'd also like to see pictures. I'm not tech savvy either, so I have my daughter load my pics for me! But like Billy said, photobucket works great!

Old 04-07-2015, 06:33 PM

Welcome to the forum! It's not often that we see an Astra driver here, mostly S series and ION represented here... Feel free to join in and post some pictures of your cars... Just upload them to photobucket and paste the IMG tags into the text here...

Old 04-10-2015, 01:54 AM
Super Moderator

What? Another Astra Owner? Welcome!!

If you have any issues with the car, please let us know how you resolve them, as most of us have never seen one let alone touched one.

Seriously we will help you out in any way we can. That's what THIS forum is all about. If we're guessing at something, we label it as a guess; no posturing and "know it all" crap around here. We're pretty verbally abusive towards each other, so once you get into the swing of things I'm sure Rube or goalie will take a cheap shot at you.

Please go into the USER CP (mouse over your name in top right corner, select userCP, then edit signature link on left side) and make your sig contain the same info as ours. Get your post count up to 10 pretty quick or you'll get nixed for inactivity. We are a forum of active posters Post 1 pic per post---that should do it.....

Last edited by derf; 04-10-2015 at 01:59 AM.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by derf
What? Another Astra Owner? Welcome!!

If you have any issues with the car, please let us know how you resolve them, as most of us have never seen one let alone touched one.

Seriously we will help you out in any way we can. That's what THIS forum is all about. If we're guessing at something, we label it as a guess; no posturing and "know it all" crap around here. We're pretty verbally abusive towards each other, so once you get into the swing of things I'm sure Rube or goalie will take a cheap shot at you.

Please go into the USER CP (mouse over your name in top right corner, select userCP, then edit signature link on left side) and make your sig contain the same info as ours. Get your post count up to 10 pretty quick or you'll get nixed for inactivity. We are a forum of active posters Post 1 pic per post---that should do it.....
Thank you for the welcome. Yup, an Astra owner. You may tell by the other vehicles that I own that I am not one to follow the flock. I do not reside at the end of a cul de sac, sleep in a "cookie cutter" home and drive a Camry. Not that I do not like Toyotas, they are a nice, safe and reliable car, perfect for the masses.

A Saturn Astra: the reddest haired of all of the illegitimate orphan stepchildren. The car model that could not catch a break during the world wide financial and economic meltdown of the recent past.

While most of my waking hours are not consumed with thoughts of cars, I like talking about cars with car people. Hope that you enjoyed the first set of pics, I will post some more pics later.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:06 PM
Super Moderator

post em 1 per post in this thread so they count as posts to get your post count up to ten or Joe will flip the switch on your account. Comment on any post anywhere about anything, anyone, anybody, any day

Old 04-18-2015, 08:26 PM

Hello...new Astra owner here.

Quick Reply: New Member 2008 Astra XE3 and XE5