Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Saturn Astra (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-astra-32/)
-   -   aftermarket stereo in Astra (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-astra-32/aftermarket-stereo-astra-9949/)

titans4life 04-18-2015 11:14 PM

aftermarket stereo in Astra

Has anyone had any luck changing out their stock radio with an aftermarket stereo and keeping the steering wheel controls? If so please let me know what parts/harnesses and or swc interfaces you used. Thanks!

sw2cam 04-19-2015 12:52 PM

Not many Astra people roaming the internet for sure. Bet those that are have never touched the stock head unit. There has to be a way, or a kit to set everything up to work with the sterring controls. With that said Welcome to TheSaturnForum. It would be nice to have a few ASTRA owners hang out, add pictures, keep control of the ASTRA subforum.

Top right of most pages. Open the USER CP and add your first name, location, and car to your signature. Stop in the new member subforum and introduce yourself to the rest of the gang. Get TEN posts asap so your account stays alive. Once you get 25 posts send me a jpeg you'd like as your avatar and I'll get it set up.

sw2cam@yahoo.com
subject "AVATAR"
include your user name

titans4life 04-19-2015 02:16 PM

Thanks. Im sure it can be done. Just have to find the right harnesses which could be tricky from what I have read.
I will try to add some pics and my name/info also.

Rubehayseed 04-19-2015 05:09 PM

You might try contacting Crutchfield. They're very helpful.

titans4life 04-23-2015 09:09 AM

I have been talking to the company connects2 extensively over the last week or so. I believe I have all of the part numbers to order what I need to replace the stock CDC40 head unit to aftermarket. In my case it is the JVC KW-R910BT. If anyone is interested, here are the part numbers. I have to order from the UK but they are from Ebay.

CTSOP002.2 (steering wheel interface to keep controls)
CTJVC2LEAD (to go from the CTSOP002.2 to the JVC head unit)
CT20UV03 (goes from CTSOP002.2 to the wiring harness supplied with the JVC)

Note: the CTJVC2LEAD is brand-specific so if you are using a Pioneer head unit it would be CTPIONEERLEAD...

You can go to Car Audio Accessory Manufacturer and check it out. They are all "plug-n-play" so no cutting and splicing. I will be ordering all of the parts tomorrow (2 week delivery from UK :( but I will post how it all works out when I'm done.

derf 04-23-2015 09:30 AM

cool. Thanks for the update.
we will sticky it when you report back

titans4life 04-23-2015 09:36 AM

Good deal. I also made a photo album in the Gallery and posted a few pics of my daughters new "ride".....she loves it!

derf 04-23-2015 09:51 AM

post em out here, 1 per post, to get your post count up to 10 to keep your account activated ASAP. Also, please go up to your name in the top right of the screen, select userCP from the dropdown, select edit signature from the left side of the page and config a sig that looks like ours

titans4life 04-23-2015 09:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My daughters 2008 Astra

titans4life 04-23-2015 09:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is another pic.