Saturn 3 Door Coupes SC1 and SC2

Runaway idle

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 03:06 PM

Hi guys, I have been reading your forum and decided I needed to join up. My girl has a 2001 SC1 that is in bad shape. She isn't much on maintenance which is why she said she bought this car, but a car can only take so much neglect before things start shutting down right? I'm a VW/Audi guy myself and those things require constant maint, I'm hoping someone on here has had this problem before and can pin point what the problem is.

Having said that, here's the problem. Sporadically while decelerating (at a stop light for example) her car starts to immediately rev its brains out unless she kills the engine or switches on the A/C. I've seen it go up as high as 4k. After reading around here understand that there is a part called an IACV that may need attention .. I mean aside from burning a lil oil and the front of the hood being dented, its a pretty nice car, I'd like to fix it for. Any help would be appreciated.
Edited by: sw2cam

Old 05-14-2008, 04:17 PM

You kinda answered your own question. Remove the throttle body then the IAC and throughly clean everything up.

Old 05-14-2008, 04:56 PM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
Ok cool, I read that it might need attention, but know nothing about the part itself. It just needs to be cleaned? That would be awesome. We'll find out. I'll repost results. (thanks [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img])
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-47";
urchinTracker();
</>