Saturn 3 Door Coupes SC1 and SC2

Persisting Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 10:58 PM

Hey I''m Tim with the 1997 saturn sc2. My coolant low light is still blinking after I thoroughly cleaned out my coolant expansion tank. I used dishwash soap and hot water. I made sure the sensor wasn''t corroded, and the float rattled easily without any stickiness. I don''t know what else it could be, any help or thoughts would be great. Thanks

Old 01-25-2009, 10:30 AM
Banned

Sounds like you did the right things. One other test to perform ...

Remove the tank frm the car and empty the tank fully.Measure the resistance across the sensor with an ohmmeter. Then, turn the tank upside down, and measure again.

When the tank is upright, the reading should be very close to zero ohms. When the tank is upside down, the reading should be infinite (no reading).

If either reading is substantually different than what I mentioned, the sensor is bad, and you will need to replace the sensor/tank.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:43 AM

Hows the wiring on the electrical connector that plugs into the tank?

Old 01-25-2009, 09:38 PM

Yea that''s good too, I made sure it wasn''t wet or corroded at all before I plugged it into the bottom of the tank. Althoughthe sensor on the bottom of thetank could''ve gotten wet when I washed it. I did dry and inspect themboth though. I guess ill try the ohmmeter, I''ll have to pick one up though.