Saturn 3 Door Coupes SC1 and SC2

Alarm system

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 08:16 AM

I bought a TLD alarm system its a 2-way LCD remote. I''m trying to wire this my self, no worries as i am a electronics tech, but on the "main Unit" of the alarm system it shows wires for my cars main locking system...
The colours it says are top to bottom...Orange,White,Yellow,Orange/black,white/black,Yellow /black.. not sure wheres thes go, the manuale it kinda basic, all i do know it my locking colours are Light blue, and white. Any one know what im talking about out their??

Old 10-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Banned

Radar2k

There are several different models of the TLD alarm system, so it is difficult to comment/suggest/instruct without more information. Also, look at the drawing that came with your unit, and supply a name or function to each of the coloured wires you described in your message

Old 10-10-2008, 10:34 AM

Ok fair enough, im not sure what model it is but i''ll take a look the most difficult thing im haiving is these terms like negitive trigger. The wires im not sure of are..This is coming from the main unit of the alarm, blue to negitive trigger, Yellow to engine power out circuit,and then theirs a red wire for Emergency De-alarm button, and footbrake negitive trigger, do you know where these are going to on a 99 SC2...i have all the colours i need but they are mentiond with different words, not "Negitive Trigger" Thanks
Andrew

Old 10-10-2008, 10:37 AM

Im pretty sure my car has the negitive locking system, which most cars do except ford, does this mean i only hook up my White to lock which is light blue on my car and white/black from the unit to my white(unlock)....then where do the other 4 wires go if thats my locking system...i think ones to my trunk?

Old 10-10-2008, 11:34 AM
Banned

Radar2k

First off, let me make it perfectly clear, that I am discussing the instrument panel junction block ...

You are correct in deducing that the white wire on your vehicle electrical door lock system is the ''UNLOCK'' command, and that the lt blue wire is for the ''LOCK'' command, however these are +12 volt commands, not switched grounds. Also, the grey wire going to the rear of your vehicle is the ''TRUNK REL'' command, and it is also a +12 volt command.

Now - since this is an alarm system, there has to be various ways that the alarm module can sense that your vehicle is ''under attack'', and that is what the remaining wires accomplish, they sense when the doors are opened, when the trunklid is raised, or when someone steps on the brake

Old 10-10-2008, 12:28 PM

So your saying my locking system is a positive trigger?in that case it would make them +12v and not ground...i did no that a little.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:40 PM

When the alarm main unit is aksing for negitive triger, engine power out circuit,footbrake negitive trigger....what , and where do these go??any ideas

Old 10-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Banned

OK, I will try to explain. Get a couple of sheets of paper, and a writing device and we will get started:

write (+12) on the paper and draw a line (wire) to a switch that is in the off position. Draw another line from the switch to a circle with a loop in it (light). Draw a third wire from thelight to a point (ground).

A connection point anywherebetween output side of the switch, to the input side of the lamp would be called a POSITIVE trigger point, because the trigger would see no voltage until the switch was closed, when it would rise to about +12 volts.

OK, draw this circuit .. from (+12) to the lamp, from the lamp to the switch, and from the switch to (ground). Now, anywhere from the output of the lamp to the input of the switch would be called a NEGATIVE trigger point because the trigger would seeabout +12 voltsuntil the switch was closed, and it would fall to nearly zero voltage.

The problem you have, it that there are both types of circuits on your vehicle, and you must have the proper model of the TLD alarm system to accept those points, otherwise, it will not work properly. Have you found out yet which model you have ??Edited by: OceanArcher

Old 10-10-2008, 01:58 PM

Model 968

Old 10-10-2008, 02:03 PM

I do have a pisture on the guide that shows positive and negitive trigers, i do get how to wire that all though positive looks more complex, i''ll take some pictures and let you take a look

Quick Reply: Alarm system