Private 'Wanted' Classifieds Looking for something? Tell us!!

Center window switch console

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 05:27 PM
Default Center window switch console

Looking for center console window switch for 2001 Saturn SL2. Does not have the mirror adjustment button

Old 08-27-2019, 01:59 AM
Super Moderator

Big junkyard.

If it's anything like the older s series, it slides backward to disengage the hook that keeps in place from underneath.
If you try to pry it up without sliding it back, you break that tab and then it's kind of floppy in there for the rest of eternity unless you're motivated enough to rig something up.

There are new arrivals every day at Pull a Part and other salvage yards. Many update their inventory online daily.
Surprisingly, the S cars get stripped of the common interior stuff pretty damn fast so you need to be on your toes.

Get a few if you can. On the older S series coupes, there are two wiring harnesses -- one for the windows and a 2nd for the power RH mirror. So a switch with the power window button MAY in fact work -- it just won't have the mirror button attached to anything.
I can't see that they'd wire it any differently. Take a pic of the underside of your existing one both plugged into the harness and free. Make sure you can see the wire colors and where they lead. That should tell you right away if the switch you're looking at is compatible.

Looks like part 21024030 #7 in the attached diagram, There are other variations without the mirror switch but they say driver's side (door?) and they just have 4 switches and a lock button.

This link takes you to a myriad of switch pictures from which you can ID your switch and possibly purchase. I think 200 2002 SL SL1 Sl2 SW1 SW2 will work.

https://www.google.com/search?q=2102...FebG0EM:&vet=1

I prefer ebay over companies I've never heard of, and some that I have. They're almost all selling the same junkyard parts.

Enjoy

Last edited by derf; 08-27-2019 at 02:02 AM.
Old 08-27-2019, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by derf

Big junkyard.

If it's anything like the older s series, it slides backward to disengage the hook that keeps in place from underneath.
If you try to pry it up without sliding it back, you break that tab and then it's kind of floppy in there for the rest of eternity unless you're motivated enough to rig something up.

There are new arrivals every day at Pull a Part and other salvage yards. Many update their inventory online daily.
Surprisingly, the S cars get stripped of the common interior stuff pretty damn fast so you need to be on your toes.

Get a few if you can. On the older S series coupes, there are two wiring harnesses -- one for the windows and a 2nd for the power RH mirror. So a switch with the power window button MAY in fact work -- it just won't have the mirror button attached to anything.
I can't see that they'd wire it any differently. Take a pic of the underside of your existing one both plugged into the harness and free. Make sure you can see the wire colors and where they lead. That should tell you right away if the switch you're looking at is compatible.

Looks like part 21024030 #7 in the attached diagram, There are other variations without the mirror switch but they say driver's side (door?) and they just have 4 switches and a lock button.

This link takes you to a myriad of switch pictures from which you can ID your switch and possibly purchase. I think 200 2002 SL SL1 Sl2 SW1 SW2 will work.

https://www.google.com/search?q=2102...FebG0EM:&vet=1

I prefer ebay over companies I've never heard of, and some that I have. They're almost all selling the same junkyard parts.

Enjoy
Thank you

Old 09-03-2019, 03:37 PM

I've been trying to find a cure for my problem (2007 Saturn Vue) The right window control just fell down into the space..This thread has been very helpful. Mine seems to have done exactly what you said above ...
"If it's anything like the older s series, it slides backward to disengage the hook that keeps in place from underneath.
If you try to pry it up without sliding it back, you break that tab and then it's kind of floppy in there for the rest of eternity unless you're motivated enough to rig something up."
MIne still works but I do have to poke it way down in the hole, and I expect eventually it won't work. I was motivated to rig it up, but can't find any way to keep it from falling back into the hole. I'm glad to learn here I may be able to get the module, but I have another question. How would I get underneath the console to replace it? I can't find screws or anything to loosen and pull it up.

Last edited by gstrick99; 09-03-2019 at 03:39 PM.