PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free!! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

saturn 1996 sl2

Old 12-26-2005, 05:31 PM

Hey everyone,

I’m trying to either sell my 1996 five-speed, Saturn sl2 or sell parts off of it. Let me tell you the story why.

I needed to put a new clutch in it and since I’m cheap and think it’s crazy how much it costs to get someone to put one in for me, I decided to do it myself. Which now I am regretting. I put the new clutch in and now other things are messed up. I keep popping the rod/pin out of the slave cylinder into the bellhousing of the transmission. Also my steering is all messed up…I actually have no steering at all. I can turn my steering wheel in circles or whatever, and the wheels don’t turn. My shifter is not right at all once I hooked back up the cables and stuff. So beside of even trying to fix these problems I decided to either try to sell the car or sell parts off of it.

I will sell anything off the car, a few things that I will tell you about that I will sell are:

The engine, it’s in great condition and the only thing that needs to be messed with is that it needs a new valve cover gasket. That’s it. The engine has around 160,000 miles on it and I am looking to sell it for around 300 bucks obo

The transmission is in good condition and has the same amount of mileage and I am looking to sale that for around 80-100 bucks

I bought a brand new clutch kit for my car for around 140 bucks and I will sell that for 70 bucks.

If anyone is interested in these parts or any other parts or the whole car, let me know, email me at burnyeahburn@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Barry

(the guy that couldn’t install a clutch)

Old 03-08-2006, 02:33 AM

were are you located? If your local, I'm interested in the engine. thanks mike

Old 01-12-2008, 08:29 PM

I'll take the Engine if your close enough. E-Mail me Bizznach@hotmail.comEdited by: sw2cam

Old 01-13-2008, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by 2slow4u
I needed to put a new clutch in it and since I’m cheap and think it’s crazy how much it costs to get someone to put one in for me, I decided to do it myself. Which now I am regretting. I put the new clutch in and now other things are messed up. I keep popping the rod/pin out of the slave cylinder into the bellhousing of the transmission. Also my steering is all messed up…I actually have no steering at all. I can turn my steering wheel in circles or whatever, and the wheels don’t turn. My shifter is not right at all once I hooked back up the cables and stuff.
All seems like easy stuff to fix. Where are you located?