PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free!! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Parting out a 2008 Aura XR 3.6

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 05:39 PM
Default Parting out a 2008 Aura XR 3.6

Hey all,

I'm actually new here & was going to sign up a little while back when I bought a 2008 Aura XR for my daughter. Time got away from me as it always does, and now that I finally have a moment to sign up on the forum, I no longer have a usable car Well, my daughter doesn't have a usable car as she got into an accident and though not serious, the damage was bad enough so that I couldn't justify trying to fix it (and she didn't have collision which means she got nothing from the insurance company, so dad decided he would try to help her out by parting out the car for her to at least get her some $$). While we had it, it was an excellent vehicle. Put on about 70k miles on the car, and other than door latches replaced under a recall, and just routine stuff like oil changes, brakes & tires, and a battery, the car needed no other repairs. I don't know if it's the nature of the cars or luck had it that we got a real good one but it was a fantastic car.

So with that said...if anyone needs any parts from 2008 Aura XR with the 3.6 VVT DOHC V6 and 6 speed automatic transmission, please let me know. Other than wheels, passenger side front door, passenger side front fender, hood, trunk, windshield and rear window, we have LOTS of parts available. Everything that could have been removed from the car has been, but I left enough parts on the car so that it still starts, runs and can be driven a short distance in case anyone needs to see that it's still good in this respect (can't run it for long because the radiator got punctured & therefore the coolant leaked out). Pix of the car before I stripped are included below. For reference, the color of the car is Transition Blue metallic, color code 400P, 78, or WA400P. The interior color is titanium, which is a light grey color.

Here's a partial list of what's available..

First grouping are the parts only available only with the purchase of the remains or shell of the car - I will not be removing any of these parts, so whoever buys the "shell" will get all of the following parts:

3.6L VVT DOHC V6 - Runs great, 6 speed automatic transmission - no issues shifts properly **If you'd like to see a video of the car starting, running & driving, please ask and I'll email it to you**. The engine & transmission are still in the car, and I am not able to pull them, so whoever wants the engine & transmission will need to purchase the remains of the car...which will include: Front suspension (complete), front brake calipers, rotors, pads, drive axles, etc. Steering wheel, steering shaft, rack and pump. Master cylinder & ABS pump. Rear suspension, rear brake calipers, rotors, pads, springs (no shocks). Gas tank & fuel pump. Exhaust system (dual outlet setup, passenger side pipe is bent up and would need to be bent back down but otherwise still a good exhaust system). Powertrain control module, transmission control module, body control module and instrument cluster remains with the car too (can't run it without 'em!). There are probably a few more things still on the car but I can't think of them offhand. All of the above will remain with the car, so they are not being sold separately. And currently the car has a set of 4 donut tires in place of the original wheels & tires...those come with the car too (I put them on so I could be able to easily move the car).

The following parts have already been removed from the vehicle and are available separate from the rest of the shell of the vehicle:

Complete leather interior (front seats are power & heated & have good side airbags, rear seats are the split fold down version & the frame is also included)
Steering wheel audio & cruise controls & tapshift transmission "paddle shifters"
Driver's side front & rear door - both rust free & excellent shape
Passenger side rear door - rust free, some small dents
Passenger side front door glass, door panel, window regulator, power window motor
Passenger side front door panel
Overhead airbags & passenger airbag
Dashboard cover, various dash trim pieces, air vents, etc.
Carpeting
Headliner
Rear deck with speaker grilles
Trunk floor & side carpeting, trunk lid carpeting, trunk mat, cargo nets
Under hood pad
Windshield wiper motor & linkage
Wiper cowl panel
Front fender side turn signals & wiring
Driver's side exterior mirror - power, heated, dimming (option DD0)
Hood latch
Electrical center covers
Engine cover
Sunroof glass, sunroof track, sunroof motor, sunroof sunshade, titanium grey sunroof opening trim
Rear deck 2-way speakers & front passenger door speaker
A pillar covers with speakers, B pillar upper & lower covers, C pillar covers
Door sill plates
Factory am/fm/6-CD/XM-ready radio
Factory amplifier
Rear seat audio controls with floor console harness
Shark fin XM radio antenna
AM/FM amplifer module
Yaw rate sensor/stability control module
Air bag SDM module
Rear Seat belts
225/50/18 Tires (sorry no wheels, they're sold) - 3 tires are brand new never driven on, 1 is used with 40k miles
Overhead console with maplights, sunroof switch & Homelink garage door opener buttons
Sunvisors
Turn signal / headlight switch
Wiper switch
Weatherstripping for doors & trunk
Driver's side headlight
Driver's side rust-free front fender (smallish ding on top)
Front bumper cover & grille (not the one that was on the car...this is one I bought to replace the one that was on my daughter's car that had some damage, so this one is in great shape, only one small crack, otherwise very nice)
Rear bumper reinforcement bar
Windshield washer fluid bottle
Assorted interior trim pieces
Center console parts
Armrest & storage box & floor console parts
Dash trim/applique
HVAC controls (auto climate control option)
Glove box
Various computer modules
Whew! And so on...I'm not able to list everything, so please message me with any question or the parts you need (or send me an email directly at rearviewmirrors@csinet.net). Keep in mind larger parts would need to be picked up (Three Oaks, Michigan...about an hour from Chicago / 40 minutes from South Bend Indiana), but we would be able to ship most of the smaller items via US Postal Service.

Thank you & have a blessed day!

Last edited by rjp869; 11-24-2018 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-24-2018, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

Talk about motivated!

For the sake of clarity, could you please edit the above post to list 2 categories:. "parts available for individual sale" and "parts available only with purchase of remaining car shell (or something)". The description bounces back and forth between the two and gets a bit confusing to the reader.

I am not critiquing your writing style ---- I'm trying to help you improve the chances of selling. We don't see alot of Aura part outs so it's to your advantage to have an easily understandable listing.

Just trying to help