PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free!! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1999 Saturn SL1

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 08:40 PM
Banned
Default 1999 Saturn SL1

I have a 1999 SL1 w/ 76,000mls, car is in great condition inside and out. The paints clear coat is starting to peel. The kelley blue book on this car is from $3200.00 - $4400.00. I do not have the title it is being held on lock by the GA DMV and they will not release it to me. You can get a great car for your project or daily driver. I am located in Miami. My loss is your gain, price is $1800.00 firm, If interested I can provide pics at your rquest. Thanks. My email is: ICapeles@msn.com

Old 05-14-2009, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator

Gee -- you're selling something you don't have the title for.....should I just leave the money in a paper bag on the corner?

Why would the state play keep-away with the title? If you OWN the car, the title is your legal proof. It belongs to you.

Unless you're trying to sell state property........

Old 05-14-2009, 07:45 AM
Banned

Hi Derf,
You shouldn’t judge me unless you have the facts. It would have been courteous for you to ask a simple question as to why I am selling with no title, but that’s okay I’ll explain why now:
I sold the car to a friend of mine@ work last year, the car used to be my wife’s car. He moved to GA and when he went to register it @ the DMV of GA the told him since it was an out of state vehicle they would have to do a VIN # inspection but the Fl. Tag had expired and he could not drive the car to the DMV so they told him to go online and order an inspection to be done onsite. His wife went online and ordered the inspection which later was found out to be the wrong inspection, she had ordered a salvage inspection. When they inspected the car they failed it because the air bag light was on and they put some kind of block on the title until he corrects the prob. He chose to ship the car back down to me so that I could sell it here in Fl. Since they don’t care if the air bag lights are on or not. When he tried to order a duplicate title here in Fl. They could not give him one because they said GA had already started the titling process and they put a block on the title. At this point he became so frustrated that he told me just to part out the car and he just wanted the money that he had lost between ordering the inspection and transport back down to Fl.
This is what it is, I figured I’d register to a forum and give this family the oppty to get a great deal. I didn’t figure on being insulted. It really doesn’t matter to me it will be sold whether someone buys it on the forums or on ebay. I use paypal for all transcations so both parties are protected, and also have a notarized letter from the owner stating it is his vehicle and will be sold as a parts car not for legal use on the highways.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

Well---

Thank you for setting the record straight. So it can't be sold as a daily driver as you indicated above.....

Why not just fix the airbags and get the title cleared?

Oh -- and where did I judge you? It's not even your car.....

(Ok the selling state property was a bit nasty....)

Last edited by derf; 05-14-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Banned
Default Thank you for setting the record straight. So it can't be sold as a daily driver as y

Hey Derf,
Where did I say above that it was being sold as an Daily Driver?

Old 05-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Banned
Default Daily Driver ????????????

Originally Posted by Papopr
I have a 1999 SL1 w/ 76,000mls, car is in great condition inside and out. The paints clear coat is starting to peel. The kelley blue book on this car is from $3200.00 - $4400.00. I do not have the title it is being held on lock by the GA DMV and they will not release it to me. You can get a great car for your project or daily driver. I am located in Miami. My loss is your gain, price is $1800.00 firm, If interested I can provide pics at your rquest. Thanks. My email is: ICapeles@msn.com

OK ... I guess this is where the comment about a 'daily driver' originated.

I'm not an English Literary guru, so I cannot comment about intent or syntax with respect to the writing, nor the comprehension on the part of a reader -- hopefully, he'll get his money out of the sale, and the buyer will appreciate what he has bought ...........

Old 05-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Banned

You can get a great car for your project or daily driver.
This is where the Daily driver comment came from? The statement is in regard to a persons project car or daily driver. People out there have project cars that they are working on, but there are also those who have daily drivers that might need some work or an engine or maybe interior, etc...
From the moment I posted this thread Derf has been on me, I understand we are looking out for one another, but we need to be read carefully and fully understand what is being written before we make someone out to be something that he/ she is not.
Let me be clear:
This car is being sold as a parts car, there is no title, the car runs great, A/C great, Tranny great, 76,000mls, interior great, body great exept for clear coat peeling in some areas. Pictures are available by request: my email: icapeles@msn.com
Thanks guys.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

ummm, I stopped banging on you last week, dude.

Thanks for clearing the air, though.

Peace

Derf

Old 05-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Banned

We good,
The car is still for sale though, if anyone interested.....