Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

When It Rains, It POURS

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2022, 10:29 AM
Default When It Rains, It POURS

Well Guys, when it rains, it pours. Yesterday morning my wife fell in the bedroom and broke her humurus just below where the hardware is from a total reverse shoulder replacement back in June of 2020. After being at the hospital for 6 hours, they put her arm in an "immobilizer" and we have to make an appointment with the orthopedic doctor on Monday for her to have surgery to repair everything. To top it off, she'd just had an adenoidectomy, deviated septum repair and a tube placed in her right ear on Tuesday. We were SUPPOSED to be going to the ENT for a follow up on her surgery until she fell. NOW I have to try to find out how soon I can get her arm fixed and find time to take her back to the ENT. Prayers would be appreciated as I'm feeling it's about time to get the 9mm out.

Old 01-29-2022, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry for your wife’s fall and consequences! Prayers for a complete speedy recovery although we both know it will not be speedy.
Andy

Old 01-29-2022, 02:47 PM

Man I don't know what's going on this year. So sorry to hear Rube.
if I can do anything from here just holla

Old 01-30-2022, 07:42 AM

Prayers and positive thoughts are the best thing for her, Guys. I appreciate your support. Thank you.

Old 01-30-2022, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

Please pass on my wishes and prayers to Rea and tell her to call me if she needs cheering up.

You can call too, of course.

To add to the list of life bs, my brother in law was recently diagnosed with leukemia, the most aggressive form. He's 74.

He's moved into our house while doing combo home chemo pills and infusions. Blood draws 3 days a week, already 3 sep transfusions, 2 bone marrow drills.

Old 01-30-2022, 09:29 PM

Damn, sorry to hear that, derf. We'll pray for your BIL. And of course, you and Bren.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:56 AM

My son has set up a go fund me page to try to help me pay her insurance deductible. I'm not sure what it is, but every little bit will help. Here's the link if anyone wants to contribute a dollar or two. I appreciate it. https://gofund.me/3fa2b35d

Old 02-02-2022, 07:45 PM

Message me tomorrow or bump this thread or something to get my attention to remind me. My check will hit here shortly and I'll know what extra I have after I pay the car note and credit card bills

Old 02-03-2022, 10:55 AM

Thank you, Billy. A donation is NOT necessary. Prayers work just fine for us.

Old 02-03-2022, 01:24 PM

We saw the trauma surgeon this morning and it turns out that HE's a Tennessean, just like me. Hell of a nice guy and he said he's seen this type of injury before and it's a surgery he's performed several times. He explained to us how he'll make the repair and that she needn't worry about it. Surgery will be done NEXT Tuesday.

Quick Reply: When It Rains, It POURS