Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Well, Well, Well!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Default Well, Well, Well!

I put my name on the "to call" list last spring at the Caddy Dealer in Scotsdale to be called when the new coupe can be seen. Just got a call from the salesman say GM rep will bring one to the dealer tomorrow for an hour for pre-announcment viewing.
Kool, shades of the '50's. Lets make a big deal about new models and throw a bash at the dealership to generate interest.
I wonder if some one in administration got ahold of old successful marketing stratagies and read them?
It should be fun
BUT
if some one says to me
What can we do to sell you this car today.
I'm outa there.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Banned

Hee hee hee -- tell 'em you'd buy it if it was a Saturn .........

Old 06-25-2010, 01:30 PM

Just got back from Legend Cadillac in Scottsdale, the pre=announcement was a real throw back to when it was exciting to see the first of the new models. The pre-announcemnt coupe had premier showing, a continental breakfast table set up with gormete coffee, pastry, water and all. The factory representative was positive about the car and covered both glitz and Glamm and mechanics.
The think is a LOOKER and well done.
http://www.leftlanenews.com/cadillac-cts-coupe.html

Now if they can learn from the fact that marketing cars as appliances did not work, performance can sell, looks are important and pizzazz is kinda fun, given enough time I think it will be a popular car.
There was a time when you drove a Caddy down the road, even the most ignorent new what it was, maybe it is about to come back again.
The best part?
Not once did I hear;
What can I do to sell you a car today. Even the sales man I talked to 7 months ago remembered me.
That all is a plus. And far too late to recover the loss of the Saturn. And the Olds, Poncho, Hummer and multiple me-too models that never should have happened.

Old 06-25-2010, 11:08 PM

That honestly has to be the ugliest Caddy ive ever seen. Just my opinion. It also looks like it would cut me if I touched it.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:05 AM

SNIP
That honestly has to be the ugliest Caddy ive ever seen. Just my opinion. It also looks like it would cut me if I touched it.
SNIP
That's an opinion, it's allowed. It looks to me as if the Car people in GM fought for the capability to design a car. Design, as in all facets of art create an emotional responce. Some like it, some hate it. Design, polarizes people where as politically or socially correct as in appliance marketing has a tendancy to be universally objectable to almost everyone, but tolerable if you have to have one.
Me?
I prefer design. Which is why (for one reason) I still have my S class coupe. Rather than the some what bland or down right dowdy versions that came later.
If I could figure out how to get one of those new Caddys in my driveway when they are actually announced for availability, I'd have one in a N.Y. min.
Yuh, I know paying full boat is an option too!

Old 06-26-2010, 02:33 PM

It definitely has design, no argument there. Maybe it just doesn't fit the standard caddy design, which could be a good thing, or a bad thing. I would definitely drive one...... if I got it for free.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

the fact that caddys (some models) are straying from the old fogey mold is the entire point of it, i do believe.

They're going after a younger audience while still maintaining the caddy name and a visual link to the caddy history (though its tough to tell in the CTS)

I for one liked the CTS from about three years ago-- though this one is quite stunning from a design/lines standpoint ---and I never thought I'd like any caddy.....

Plus unc likes this one and he's old (er) so GM must be molding caddy in the direction they plan to cause unc likes it (old) and I like it sorta (less old, not youngish)

Old 06-29-2010, 12:38 AM

What age group is the new CTS designed for? The world may never know.....