Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Vallerie has lost her effort with her lungs

Old 02-17-2017, 04:03 PM
Default Vallerie has lost her effort with her lungs

As many know my Valerie has been a double lung transplant statistic now for about a year and a half. A procedure that replaces damaged lungs with new ones.
It must be accepted when a transplant takes place that it is not a cure for two reasons.
1. The body regularly and some time viciously attacks the transplant as a foreign object and must be chemically fooled into accepting the transplant. This is a never ending and some times always changing fight.
And
2. The lungs, bring with them new problems the old ones now gone did not have. The lungs are also a sensitive object in that they unlike a heart or kdney are exposed to the air you breath thus making them a larger problem.

There is an expected average live of 5 years so that this is ingrained into the individuals that as exotic as they are, they are also a gamble.

A gamble that Valerie lost on Valentines day when the lungs she had inside her had deteriorated in function so that they no longer could support life and there was no response at all to any form of improvement that was offered and as one who wanted to bring her home with me, I can assure you no possibility was not used. She is or was also too weak to obtain a second transplant.

I saw to it as best that I could that her wishes were responded to and was able to obtain her parents or family so they or a representative could be present. She also wished to be an organ donor and that too was arranged.

All I can say is that we were partners, lovers and friends and I loved her deeply and her loss leaves a huge hole in my life.

Her remains are to be cremated and placed in a wooden urn which I will keep with me. After talking with her mother who lost her husband just the week before, Cecilia indicated that Valerie was very happy with me and she should stay there. I am inclined to believe.

A service is yet to be arranged but that too shall happen.

John

Old 02-17-2017, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

John,

So sorry for your loss.

Though part of the cycle of life, it is the most painful. Not just for Val, but for everyone who loved her and everyone she loved.

She was your true love, your partner in life, and most importantly your friend.
Her fight was not hers alone; you fought that fight together every step of the way.

Dwell not on the battle.

Just know she is at peace, and is thankful for every single thing you did to keep her of this earth.

Fred

Old 02-18-2017, 12:25 AM
Super Moderator

Dear John:
Our deepest sympathy to you for your loss. Val no longer struggles and is healed. Prayers to you in your time of loss.
Andy

Old 02-18-2017, 08:27 PM

While it's a comfort to know that the separation is temporary, the pain of the leaving is hard. You're not alone. Mourn as long as you need to and be good to yourself.

Old 02-19-2017, 06:51 AM

So sorry to hear this news, UNC. But at least you had her for a while longer than you would have had she not had the transplant. Cherish her memory and be assured that you will see her again when you cross over. She is 100% whole now and will always be with you. Just be still and listen for her voice.

Old 02-19-2017, 07:21 AM

Thank you all for being there. Deep inside I know where she is and why, but on the surface I expect with every fiber of my life that I will be able to bring her home because now for years that is what I have been able to do
and I know better.
I am trying my best to put things in the proper order, my world has changed and I must change with it. I have good friends who are helping from all sorts of parts of the world so I am fortunate that for this, there are others that care and are helping. It is becoming easier in this short time to walk through our home and sort things out since it is now a place that was shared together and is now simply a place that was shared and organization must show that.
All paths do lead towards tomorrow and the memories of them once traveled must indeed be part of yesterdays remembered. And while she claimed that my memories were fewer since my heart attack in 2013 she is now part of them and it doesn't hurt to have them.
Thanks.
John

Old 02-21-2017, 02:39 PM

Sorry for your loss darlin. Always remember she is by your side. Keep your head up, she wouldn't want you to be saddened.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:23 PM

I'm terribly sorry for your loss, but it appears she no longer has to struggle...

Old 03-12-2017, 10:06 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss John. However, she will always be with you in spirit and memories.

Best of wishes
Chris

Old 03-13-2017, 08:10 AM

Thank you
John

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vallerie has lost her effort with her lungs