Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

An update, a quick one.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 07:29 AM
Default An update, a quick one.

First, I just saw the notice that a moderator has left and a new one is here. Sorry and glad at the same time. This is a forum I have been a part of twice, once a long time ago and then again now.
It always has been something I have enjoyed and hope it will be a contribution to all who have or have enjoyed a Saturn.
And I still have one, in fact it is the same one from before.
And update on Valerie, she is home from her lung transplant operation and now the time consuming part of monitoring the healing and following the directions issued by the lung transplant group and her life time assigned nurse Natalie.
Edicts we have already screwed up on once an incurred the wrath of Natalie. Another opportunity exists today as we need to go to the "Clinic" a twice a week circumstance at the hospital to verify that Valeries Healing is on schedule and nothing spooky has cropped up.
This week here sister will arrive to help assist full time in both running the house and helping Valerie to heal thus taking some of the load off of me as I too need an unscheduled operation.
O.K., alarm clocks are going off that means I have to get busy again.
Later
John.

Old 08-18-2015, 03:13 PM

Great news about, Val, Unc. Sorry to hear that you're having a surgery. But at least you have family that's willing to help. None of mine would in that situation. They didn't even want to help with our mother.

Old 08-19-2015, 12:51 AM

A bit of trivia here sort of I guess and thanks Ruby I kinda know what you mean.
I will need some support here due to those dang legs and it turns out Valerie has sister as stated earlier that is willing to give up part of her life to come down and help.
That is all nice and things, but what does that have to do with the function of the forum?
She will need a car to drive and in the driveway is Valerie's Saturn. It still needs a paint job due to the fact that I screwed up the last one but it sit's there ready to go with any one who has a key.
So for a short time it will end up back in routine service taking it out of a toy status back into what it was designed to do in the first place. Be a functional automobile.
So I will fire up Shermans WayBack Machine and set it for 1994 and the little coupe will be going down the road again. Every thing works still with the following exceptions. I have not repaired the odometer which quit just over 100,000 miles, I have the parts but frankly have been afraid of breaking plastic pieces trying to get it apart. (the plastic now is fragile and getting worse) I am not sure the moon roof will open easily so leave be and I think the windshield wiper switch is faulty, again from disuse probably but I'll deal with that if I have to. I'll take it for a smog check in the morning and then down the road it will go again.
Later, the dog needs to go out.